NRClinical study affirms Niagen nicotinamide riboside ingredient’s long-term safety, optimal dosing

Vandevalk1

Re: Clinical study affirms Niagen nicotinamide riboside ingredient’s long-term safety, optimal dosing

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Longevity36 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:13 pm No. I read somewhere the opposite. NMN is a larger molecule. It has been compared to brick dust! :D
Also I am curious where you heard NMN was referred to as brick dust. I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with David Sinclair and he refers to Resveratrol as "brick dust", but not NMN. Are you sure you dont have these compounds mixed up? Lets try to get to the bottom of this so we can all learn together.

Vandevalk1

Re: Clinical study affirms Niagen nicotinamide riboside ingredient’s long-term safety, optimal dosing

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Longevity36 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:05 pm Good question. I think it’s because of who endorses which. The discoverer of resveratrol benefits and leading face of anti-aging , whether wanting to be or not, push’s NMN. Maybe because of proprietary reasons? NR is being fought for in court and NMN isn’t? The ultimate goal is NMN which increases NAD . . NR is NR that turns to NMN that turns to NAD. So there’s more steps? I’m curious about cutting to the chase and just taking NAD. :D
I would also be very curious about taking the final product NAD.
Does anyone have any answers as to why one wouldn't just take NAD instead of the precursors like NMN and NR?
Sinclair doesn't seem to talk much about this on anything I can find. He seems to be a proponent of NMN above all.
any answers?

Thanks.
nettlesbe
Site Admin

Post by nettlesbe »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:13 pm So why do we pay more for the "highly sought after" NMN if NR can enter the cell wall all on its own?
Of course we all want whatever works. NR seems to have an advantage in crossing the cellular membrane more easily in some cell types. Chromadex says that means it is "better" and that NMN and NAD+ are useless.

On the other hand, recent studies confirm NR is never found in blood at more than trace amounts, even after 3 weeks of 1,000 mg a day supplementation.

https://alivebynature.com/nad-not-nr-is ... oodstream/

NMN and NAD+ are found in blood at 10 and 100x the quantity of NR, and both increase from supplementation with NR.

So, take NR, and some of it will end up as NMN, some as NAD+, the rest is excreted.

NMN and NAD+ are a much more direct route to what you are trying to achieve.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 pm
Longevity36 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:05 pm Good question. I think it’s because of who endorses which. The discoverer of resveratrol benefits and leading face of anti-aging , whether wanting to be or not, push’s NMN. Maybe because of proprietary reasons? NR is being fought for in court and NMN isn’t? The ultimate goal is NMN which increases NAD . . NR is NR that turns to NMN that turns to NAD. So there’s more steps? I’m curious about cutting to the chase and just taking NAD. :D
I would also be very curious about taking the final product NAD.
Does anyone have any answers as to why one wouldn't just take NAD instead of the precursors like NMN and NR?
Sinclair doesn't seem to talk much about this on anything I can find. He seems to be a proponent of NMN above all.
any answers?

Thanks.
Actually, Dr Sinclair, on the Joe Rogan interview, clearly states that he takes NMN, and he refers to it as a newer breakthrough than NR, or NAD.

watch this clip and draw your own conclusions....

https://youtu.be/75doh5hJVRI?t=193
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Maybe we can take a small dose of NR, and thus are wasting less.

I am currently taking 250 mg daily, but i'd take a smaller dose if i could determine that a good portion is being secreted...

Personally i feel like the NAD+ i take nasally has an immediate effect like a metabolic boost. I look at NMN and NR (And Resveratrol) as my long term, health and longevity maintenance regimen.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

The NAD+ spray is absorbed quickly because of the delivery mechanism and location of delivery. At this time the spray is probably as close to IV that you can get plus it is a lot less expensive. NAD IV can cost between 3000-5000 and can take several hours unless you use rapid methods. The other thing is that when using NAD IV you experience short term nausea and I haven’t heard anyone on this forum talk about any type of nausea.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

One would also assume that taking NAD+ sublingually would offer similar results as this offers fast and direct access to the bloodstream.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:56 pm The NAD+ spray is absorbed quickly because of the delivery mechanism and location of delivery. At this time the spray is probably as close to IV that you can get plus it is a lot less expensive. NAD IV can cost between 3000-5000 and can take several hours unless you use rapid methods. The other thing is that when using NAD IV you experience short term nausea and I haven’t heard anyone on this forum talk about any type of nausea.
Is it 3000-5000 per session? How long does one treatment last? How frequent should sessions be?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

The dollar amount varies by location and clinic as well as dosage. So ask a lot of questions if you decide to have NAD+ IV. In my clinic we use a series of 5 to ramp the NAD+ levels. Most people this will provide results for about a month and then the beneficial results start to decline as the body chews through the NAD+. We recommend that levels be supplemented with the Alive by Nature products and therefore maintain NAD+ levels. Follow up IV are determined by the individuals lifestyle and physiology. Some patients get one per month others one per quarter. A lot depends on stress levels and activity levels.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:34 pm The dollar amount varies by location and clinic as well as dosage. So ask a lot of questions if you decide to have NAD+ IV. In my clinic we use a series of 5 to ramp the NAD+ levels. Most people this will provide results for about a month and then the beneficial results start to decline as the body chews through the NAD+. We recommend that levels be supplemented with the Alive by Nature products and therefore maintain NAD+ levels. Follow up IV are determined by the individuals lifestyle and physiology. Some patients get one per month others one per quarter. A lot depends on stress levels and activity levels.
Thanks,

I would like to get a consultation.However I live in Ontario Canada. Do you know of any clinics out this way?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic