Paulapea

Re: organ scar tissue - general discussion

Post by Paulapea »

Thank you.
I didn't realise my post had gone up and now it's gone up twice. Oops

Paulapea

Post by Paulapea »

Can I ask if NMN or NAD would alter my mood?
I'm in recovery from drug addiction ( 24yrs clean and sober so not early recovery)
I usually drink a lot of superfoods which lift my mood and energy. However this is a clean non manic mind lift and I dont want to become addicted to anything.
Hope this Q doesn't seem way off.
But need to check it out.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Paulapea wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:43 am Can I ask if NMN or NAD would alter my mood?
I'm in recovery from drug addiction ( 24yrs clean and sober so not early recovery)
I usually drink a lot of superfoods which lift my mood and energy. However this is a clean non manic mind lift and I dont want to become addicted to anything.
Neither molecule seem to have any type of addictive properties. I have taken extended breaks over time and have not noticed any type of withdrawal effects. In saying that NMN is reported to have a stimulating effect similar to caffeine and can possibly put you on edge if you take too much late in the day..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I agree that NMN can give those same caffeine effects. We have found that NMN can be difficult for those that are anxious. The NAD+ spray provides almost instant clarity.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:17 am I agree that NMN can give those same caffeine effects. We have found that NMN can be difficult for those that are anxious. The NAD+ spray provides almost instant clarity.
I guess if anxiety symptoms are an issue with some people then NAD+ may be the way to go as it does not seem to have the “caffeine effect”
Fondrees

Post by Fondrees »

Newage wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:42 pm
Paulapea wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:43 am Can I ask if NMN or NAD would alter my mood?

Neither molecule seem to have any type of addictive properties. I have taken extended breaks over time and have not noticed any type of withdrawal effects. In saying that NMN is reported to have a stimulating effect similar to caffeine and can possibly put you on edge if you take too much late in the day..

You say u have gone extended periods without taking these supplements. Did u notice a difference (a downturn) in energy or wellbeing wen u stopped taking them?

Newage

Post by Newage »

My breaks were well before I began my AliveByScience journey so it is a bit hard to say as I was getting my product off shore and the quality was very dubious.
I now only take 2 days off a week from my ABS products along with all my other supplements.
Every 3 to 6 months I also take a full week off everything.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Hi
I wish I had seen this sooner. By the way - I totally respect this question. You are being both diligent and vigilant. I know what those mean from personal experience.

I will offer two inputs. The first is that the only effect, moodwise I have ever experienced with NMN is when I took it before bed and it appeared to induce some lucid dreaming, So i initially stopped taking it anytime after 6pm. But that was early on. Now that I am over 2 years - i can take it any time with no issue.

secondly as someone who has had anxiety issues, depression issues, possible hypomania issues and drug dependency issues in the past - I will say that I don't experience NMN as any kind of drug with mood altering potential beyond the good feeling I get when I know i have done something beneficial for my body. Similar to having had a run or eating a big salad.

I feel like i can take back some of the years (of aging) and renew myself. This is only one item in a rather large list of things I am taking and doing. If you look through the many posts (and posters) you will see that many of us are doing much more than taking NMN or NAD+

Welcome.   :)

Newage

Post by Newage »

Yes canadahealthy.
Everyone’s Life Style choice is just as important as any supplement and the combination has to go “hand in hand” to gain maximum results..
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Check out this link re: attenuating fibrosis:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33675899/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic