NAD+ PreserversApigenin: What is the main benefit?

michaeljkelly

Apigenin: What is the main benefit?

Post by michaeljkelly »

I have read about Apegenin, but I am wondering if it is a NAD+ booster primarily or does it reverse the aging process in another way?

drkris69

Re: Apigenin: What is the main benefit?

Post by drkris69 »

From what Ive read, it helps the NAD boosters to work better.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Apigenin has a blocking effect on CD38. CD38 blocks the salvage pathway of NADH converting back into NAD+.
CD38 shoots up exponentially as we get older, hence blocking this with Apigenin keeps our NAD+ levels up without having to take extra. 
The food with one of the biggest amounts of Apigenin is the herb parsley. I sprinkle copious amounts on my green salad every day and don't take a supplement (I'm guessing that is sufficient for me in my 50's).
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I have been taking it for about 4months, had not really noticed anything but was encourage by the science, etc. 

Apigenin is not just about NAD+ It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/

As a reminder it is one of the key active ingredients in Camomile tea which is noted as helping sleep! As an experiment over the last few weeks (inspired after that email from RBS) I have been popping 2 x LIPO Apigenin 2 hrs before sleep - results to far..amazing! I have slept better almost immediately, noting deeper much better sleep, on one my day off not as good...but that is how I "feel" as I have no sleep tacking data. Only started, and giving it a couple more weeks.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yep same here, I take 2 before bed along with Magnesium and L-theanine. It is the best bed time formula by far... :D

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

michaeljkelly wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:33 am I have read about Apegenin, but I am wondering if it is a NAD+ booster primarily or does it reverse the aging process in another way?​​​​​

We sell NAD+ boosters and NAD+.optimizers, which preserve NAD+ levels, such as Lipo Apigenin.  Apigenin reduces levels of CD38, which accumulate as we age and are a big consumer of NAD+. 

Other supplements like Lipo Glutathione and Quercetin fight Inflammation, which also consume a lot of NAD+.  

Regarding the sleep benefits of Lipo Apigenin, like others here I've found that it enduces a deeper, more restful sleep.  In my experience it doesn't help you fall asleep, though so if you're like me and take a lot of NMN, you might need something to help in that regard. 

Recently, I've been experimenting with 1/4 tablet of Ambien CR mixed with 1/2 nightly dose of Vicks NyQuil.  This does the trick but I am hopefully going to slowly reduce this until I don't require anything to fall asleep.  I'm on 4 capsules per day of NAD+ Complete, though so this may never happen.  :/

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

On the subject of sleep, I have never really had trouble "getting to sleep" but I now do have a sleep stack!

I found after having added a micro dose 300mcg of melatonin I was getting to sleep quicker and now with 70mg of LIPO Apigenin on top...yep deeper more restful. I also take approx 100mg of CBD. Oh and periodically Ashwaganda.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

That looks like it would be a good stack as well. The one Im on, Apigenin, Mag and L-Threonine is pricey to do every mo. It runs me around $40 bucks per mo. but I find worth it. There are studies out there that show that we do not get enough Magnesium in our diets so it would be beneficial to supplement. If you are having trouble sleeping and you dont mind the cost then I say try it. You wont be disappointed but if not find what works for you because sleep is so important if you want to perform at your best.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:00 am That looks like it would be a good stack as well. The one Im on, Apigenin, Mag and L-Threonine is pricey to do every mo. It runs me around $40 bucks per mo. but I find worth it. There are studies out there that show that we do not get enough Magnesium in our diets so it would be beneficial to supplement. If you are having trouble sleeping and you dont mind the cost then I say try it. You wont be disappointed but if not find what works for you because sleep is so important if you want to perform at your best.

I’m just beginning to play around with sleep formulas...
 “a cockroach only has to walk across the carpet and I wake up”   :lol:

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Wow! that is a lot to look into. Thanks everyone!

Mike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic