NAD+ PreserversGlutathione precursors increase lifespan in mice by 24%

jocko6889

Glutathione precursors increase lifespan in mice by 24%

Post by jocko6889 »

Scientists from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston studying glutathione precursors have demonstrated some of the best life extension results ever achieved in mice – increasing their lifespan by 24%.

Glutathione is the most abundant intracellular antioxidant and the backbone of natural defenses against reactive oxygen species, which are byproducts of normal oxygen metabolism that accumulate in the body with age and interfere with chemical processes.

Oxidative stress happens when the delicate balance between the production and degradation of reactive oxygen species is lost. This can be caused by various stressors, such as UV radiation, but also by aging.

Glutathione levels decline with age, so supplementing it could affect other processes of aging.

GlyNac – Glycine plus NAC

Regular Glutathione by itself has poor bioavailabilty, so researchers in this study used GlyNAC, a combination of two Glutathione precursors, glycine and N-acetylcysteine, or NAC). GlyNAC has already been an object of several studies.

The same group that is behind this new paper has previously shown that continuous GlyNAC supplementation in humans alleviates mitochondrial dysfunction and improves mitophagy, nutrient sensing, and genome stability. It also reverses premature aging in people with HIV.For this study, the researchers took the study back to mice because humans are so long-lived that it makes studying any intervention’s direct effect on lifespan extremely difficult.

The researchers ran two studies simultaneously, one dedicated solely to determining the effect of GlyNAC on lifespan and the second one on various other parameters. In the first study, 32 mice were equally divided between the study group and the control group. At the age of 65 weeks, which is mid-life by mouse standards, 8 males and 8 females started receiving GlyNAC with food. Supplementation continued until the mice died of age-related diseases.

Read the full article by clicking the link below:
https://renuebyscience.com/glutathione- ... ice-by-24/

Newage

Re: Glutathione precursors increase lifespan in mice by 24%

Post by Newage »

Thanks Jocko.
I have always been a big fan of Glutathione and these findings just shine more positive reflection on the major benefits of Glutathione. The “Mother of Antioxidants”
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Very interesting study, both Glutathione and NAC are very similar. NAC alone when taken once it goes thru the liver, our bodies turn it into Glutathione. Need to read more about this... ;)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I am looking to renew my mother's stack. I need her cooperation, so less is more, as she takes a lot of pills as it is.

I am thinking lipo NMN with Resveratrol gel, and Lipo D3/K2 and Lipo CaAKG are the best best.

I will also start Grape Seed extract .
twilli4454

Post by twilli4454 »

Taking NAC is Less expensive than Glutathione    .  Also works better if you take it with Glycine
happens that most Collagen Peptide  supplements have lots of Glycine so if you just take some Nac and Collagen peptide you get the benfits 
of Upregulating Glutathione naturaly and the beneifits of taking Collagen 

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

So then is it preferable to take the precursors or glutiathone itself?

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

NewLifeScience wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:14 pm So then is it preferable to take the precursors or glutiathone itself?

I think the precursors were used since Glutiathone itself had poor bioavailability ... but now with LSG, not a concern.
Newage

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:15 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:14 pm So then is it preferable to take the precursors or glutiathone itself?

I think the precursors were used since Glutiathone itself had poor bioavailability ... but now with LSG, not a concern.

The ABR Lipo Glutathione is the go to. The precursors are a long road to take when Liposomal is now available with the enhanced absorption..

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Exactly, RBS's Glutathione is next level. ;)

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

So, NMN, CaAKG, Glutiathone, Resveratrol... What would this add up to in humans?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic