NAD+Multiple pathways for NAD+ uptake by cells – regulated by SIRT1

jocko6889

Multiple pathways for NAD+ uptake by cells – regulated by SIRT1

Post by jocko6889 »

SIRT1-dependent restoration of NAD+ homeostasis after increased extracellular NAD+ exposure
 In this study researchers investigated how intracellular NAD+ (iNAD) levels are regulated in several different types of healthy cells exposed to extracellular NAD+ (eNAD).They found eNAD+ more than doubled the quantity of iNAD+ in the cells through 3 preferred pathways. 
  • direct import across the cell membrane of intact NAD+
  • conversion of NAD+ to NMN, then imported by the NMN transporter Slc12a8
  • further conversion of NMN to NR, then imported by NRK1
In effect, when given a good supply of eNAD+, cells used all pathways to take in more NAD+. Once iNAD+ was sufficient, pathways for importation of more NAD+ were shut down. The regulation of iNAD+ levels demonstrated in this research should be comforting to those worried about potential negative side effects from supplementation with NAD+ and its immediate precursors, as the cells studied here have an efficient means of limiting importation of excess NAD+ and precursors.Since NAD+ is by far the most stable of these metabolites in the bloodstream and is able to utilize more pathways to increase intracellular NAD+, this study lends significant support to the use of NAD+ supplementation (vs NMN or NR) as a means of restoring NAD+ inside of cells.
 - read more here

smokinjoe

Re: Multiple pathways for NAD+ uptake by cells – regulated by SIRT1

Post by smokinjoe »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 pm .. 

So is this item new? Direct import across the cell membrane?

That sounds like good news.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

smokinjoe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 am

Yes, this is brand new research on NAD.  Exciting new product is coming soon that will blow away anything we've ever sold, though.  It's called NMNH, a newly discovered NAD+ booster that can boost NAD+ levels up to 10 times.  We will be the first to market, so stay tuned!

Newage

Post by Newage »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Yes, this is brand new research on NAD.  Exciting new product is coming soon that will blow away anything we've ever sold, though.  It's called NMNH, a newly discovered NAD+ booster that can boost NAD+ levels up to 10 times.  We will be the first to market, so stay tuned!

As always. AliveByScience ahead of the pack..
I can not wait for this new product to be released.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Wow these new studies coming out lately on how NAD effects the cells thru these different pathways is amazing. Just more the reason to be taking these NAD boosters and I cant wait for that new NMNH!!! :D

NYhealth

Post by NYhealth »

Great news!!  Please help me understand this... 

I started my journey with ABS taking sublingual powder NAD in November of '20, then moved to the Liposomal NMN gel, and now (just finished my 1st bottle) I'm taking Liposomal NMN capsules.  

As you can see by my product 'graduation' journey I eventually discovered (thanks to all of the people in this community) that Lipo NMN is better to take than sublingual NAD.  Is this new research (mentioned at the top of this post) suggesting that NAD is now better to take?

Thank you @jocko6889 for the post!

(On a side note looking forward to the NMNH, as that clearly will be the new winner based upon this research:  https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 427v2.full )
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

NYhealth wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:11 am Great news!!  Please help me understand this... 

I started my journey with ABS taking sublingual powder NAD in November of '20, then moved to the Liposomal NMN gel, and now (just finished my 1st bottle) I'm taking Liposomal NMN capsules.  

As you can see by my product 'graduation' journey I eventually discovered (thanks to all of the people in this community) that Lipo NMN is better to take than sublingual NAD.  Is this new research (mentioned at the top of this post) suggesting that NAD is now better to take?

Thank you @jocko6889 for the post!

(On a side note looking forward to the NMNH, as that clearly will be the new winner based upon this research:  https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 427v2.full )

Although the study you cite is highly favorable towards NAD+, it's important to know it's just one of many studies and that there have been equally impressive studies on NMN.  Both NAD+ and NMN have their advantages and studies suggest each may do better in certain tissues.  We dropped the new LIPO NR recently as we don't believe it's nearly as effective or stable in the bloodstream.  

NYhealth

Post by NYhealth »

Although the study you cite is highly favorable towards NAD+, it's important to know it's just one of many studies and that there have been equally impressive studies on NMN.  Both NAD+ and NMN have their advantages and studies suggest each may do better in certain tissues.  We dropped the new LIPO NR recently as we don't believe it's nearly as effective or stable in the bloodstream.   

Thank you!

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:45 pm

This is blockbuster news. Great for us, and great for ABS. :)

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

So just more reassurance that NMN is getting NAD+ generating in our tissues via a variety of means, and little is being wasted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic