NAD+Timing of NAD+ Boosters Around Exercise

TKK

Timing of NAD+ Boosters Around Exercise

Post by TKK »

Given previous studies indicating antioxidants/resveratrol may blunt exercise adaptations as well as inhibit MTor, I have generally avoided supplementing with resveratrol and curcumin,and likely quercetin and Apigenin during the peri-workout period.  Is there a consensus on whether NAD+ boosters should be avoided on workout days for these same reasons?

jocko6889

Re: Timing of NAD+ Boosters Around Exercise

Post by jocko6889 »

TKK wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:49 pm Given previous studies indicating antioxidants/resveratrol may blunt exercise adaptations as well as inhibit MTor, I have generally avoided supplementing with resveratrol and curcumin,and likely quercetin and Apigenin during the peri-workout period.  Is there a consensus on whether NAD+ boosters should be avoided on workout days for these same reasons?

No, in fact NAD+ boosters should help your workouts.  I use the NAD+ nasal spray on long cycling rides.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:00 am
TKK wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:49 pm Given previous studies indicating antioxidants/resveratrol may blunt exercise adaptations as well as inhibit MTor, I have generally avoided supplementing with resveratrol and curcumin,and likely quercetin and Apigenin during the peri-workout period.  Is there a consensus on whether NAD+ boosters should be avoided on workout days for these same reasons?

No, in fact NAD+ boosters should help your workouts.  I use the NAD+ nasal spray on long cycling rides.

Agree, gives me a boost, just feels like more "fuel in the tank" for me to to push through a mounting bike hill climb at the end of a ride!

TKK

Post by TKK »

Thank you for your responses! I’ve decided to try out the strategy of regularly taking the NAD+ booster but cycling off the resveratrol, apigenin and quercetin on workout days.

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

The only compound i have come across repeatedly that can suppress your performance for exercise is metformin, and possibly Berberine.

I have not noticed any impact with Berberine and do not take Metformin.. but i have heard of no other supplement having a detrimental impact.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:31 pm The only compound i have come across repeatedly that can suppress your performance for exercise is metformin, and possibly Berberine.

I have not noticed any impact with Berberine and do not take Metformin.. but i have heard of no other supplement having a detrimental impact.

I agree. Possibly Metformin that I don’t take although I have just started taking Berberine and have not noticed any impact on training.
If there is any small impact on training or performance by way of taking supplements then my motto is “push a bit harder through it.” It’s all about a toughening up experience anyway. Mindset cancels out any shortcomings.

TKK

Post by TKK »

I am not necessarily concerned with performance—in fact, I agree that taking the NAD+ booster before exercise can confer some extra energy. My concern is adaptations—muscle gain via weight training for example, could be lessened when Mtor is inhibited.  In any event, I will report back with my findings/results. 
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

I have been taking  NAD+ on my way to do my exercises a few times. It doesn't take too long to be noticeable.

I generally take enough NMN so that my NAD levels are high, but I did observe the NAD+ effects.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

You did not mention any personal bio info, which is good to pre-state before asking for comparative experience. Having had a three year history with AbS products and their effects on my Pickleball play 3 times / week, for 2-3 hours, I can offer you some guidance on my journey from 77 to 80
years in this body.  Three years ago, when first taking the only product, NMN, offered in capsule form, I broke open and tried 250mg in powered form Subliminally about 45 minutes prior to play, having researched Dr. Sinclair's lab research showing a quick rise, then level off, and decline within a 4 hour period. This is EXACTLY what I experienced. Over the years, improving products (SL) , LIPO  delivery , offer more uptake, but I've found my greatest benefits are to restore as much daily of NAD+ depletion consistently with NAD+ Complete in a 24 hour measured release, because my bodies producing LESS THAN yours, and then boost my performance play with 250 mg mixture of NMN/NAD+ sl about 30 minutes BEFORE play. If I'm not getting all the way up to my highest plane of performance (Hyped) in a challenged set, I'll boost again with 150mg NAD+Mist  Spray. On these high intake days with 600 mg Resveratrol added, I also take 300mg TMG , otherwise, I'll drop back the other 4 non play days to just one NAD+ Complete capsule. That allows my body the chance to produce more NAD+ naturally, and balance out the Resveratrol/TMG. Buenas Suerte. Ben
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic