NAD+NAD booster side effects?

gabby

NAD booster side effects?

Post by gabby »

I am currently a subscriber to "Consumer Labs". While researching NAD boosters I read that they generally have high doses of niacinamide and can cause "liver damage". I already have a "fatty liver" so I am concerned about taking the NAD complete that I've been taking. It also mentioned about it causes cancer cells to grow if they already exist. Any thoughts on any of this? As much as I want to continue, I think I might stop taking it in regards to my liver. I also take Defender and Spermidine which I will continue to take. 

vauss88

Re: NAD booster side effects?

Post by vauss88 »

At age 70, I have been taking nad+ boosters for 4.5 years, and lipo NR from RBS for 8-9 months. I also get my liver enzymes checked every 6 months. I have never had a issue with elevated liver enzymes. I am currently using 7-8 lipo products from RBS, including the lipo NR and I feel better physically than I have in years.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I am nearly 55, been taking NAD boosters for over 3 years from RBS. Currently on 3 x LIPO NAD+ Complete and 1 x LIPO NMN 6 days a week. I get blood tests every 6/12 months - no issues at all on liver (or anything else) and never felt better, in fact feel super charged most days! :D

In saying all of that, some side effects noted on "initially" taking NAD+ boosters:
1. Myself -  when I first started mid 2019 I had some vertigo episodes, lasted a few days and then past (I do have Meniere's)
2. Female friend 1 - Had stomach pain when initially trying NAD booster, lasted for a few days when started, again all good after a few days and today is on 2 x NAD+ Complete feeling good
3. Female friend 2 - Started well, no issues but on week 3 she ramped up from .5g to 1g and broke out with hives. She backed off for a few weeks, it settled and today is on 3 x NAD+ Complete and feeling great.

In my view these effects are our bodies just adjusting to the change in available NAD+ and we are all so different, with variable health histories and genetics.
gabby

Post by gabby »

vauss88 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:10 pm At age 70, I have been taking nad+ boosters for 4.5 years, and lipo NR from RBS for 8-9 months. I also get my liver enzymes checked every 6 months. I have never had a issue with elevated liver enzymes. I am currently using 7-8 lipo products from RBS, including the lipo NR and I feel better physically than I have in years.

Thank you much for responding. I may continue the NAD + Complete but only take it a few times a week until I get my lab work done again. With fatty liver, I tend to have fluctuating liver enzymes. 
gabby

Post by gabby »

Boxcost wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:34 pm I am nearly 55, been taking NAD boosters for over 3 years from RBS. Currently on 3 x LIPO NAD+ Complete and 1 x LIPO NMN 6 days a week. I get blood tests every 6/12 months - no issues at all on liver (or anything else) and never felt better, in fact feel super charged most days! :D

In saying all of that, some side effects noted on "initially" taking NAD+ boosters:
1. Myself -  when I first started mid 2019 I had some vertigo episodes, lasted a few days and then past (I do have Meniere's)
2. Female friend 1 - Had stomach pain when initially trying NAD booster, lasted for a few days when started, again all good after a few days and today is on 2 x NAD+ Complete feeling good
3. Female friend 2 - Started well, no issues but on week 3 she ramped up from .5g to 1g and broke out with hives. She backed off for a few weeks, it settled and today is on 3 x NAD+ Complete and feeling great.

In my view these effects are our bodies just adjusting to the change in available NAD+ and we are all so different, with variable health histories and genetics.

Great response....thank you. I appreciate all this information. I may continue a few times a week for the NAD Complete until I get my next blood work. 

TedB

Post by TedB »

My understanding is that there are many derivations of Niacinimide. The NMN derivation is Nicotinamide Mononucleotide and NAD+ is Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide with specific functions to get into mitochondria and cell nuclei.

Th only risk is occasionally running low on methyl groups that are consumed as these molecules do their magic, and for that we take Trimethylglycine to replenish it.

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Boxcost wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:34 pm I am nearly 55, been taking NAD boosters for over 3 years from RBS. Currently on 3 x LIPO NAD+ Complete and 1 x LIPO NMN 6 days a week. I get blood tests every 6/12 months - no issues at all on liver (or anything else) and never felt better, in fact feel super charged most days! :D

Your inspiring me to take more NAD+ booster. How long have you been taking that dosage and have you noticed any homeostasis at all? You've felt the same the entire time, not more upbeat the first few weeks?

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

LiveLong wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Your inspiring me to take more NAD+ booster. How long have you been taking that dosage and have you noticed any homeostasis at all? You've felt the same the entire time, not more upbeat the first few weeks?

I have been on that dosage for about 6 months. I also forgot to add the boosters as in the 2 x 125mg SL NMN Tablets across the afternoon (no later than 3pm) and 50mg NAD+ Nasal spray (4 shots) in the morning. Plus also to note 1g of TMG 5-6 days a week.

Yes I consistently feel great, energetic and upbeat, most days.. actually sorry every day :) but I have also chipped away at my health and lifestyle  over the last 20+ years, it has been quite the journey across diet, sleep, exercise, social, hot/cold exposure, medical testings (you "can't manage what you don't measure"), mindset such as stoicism and then of course supplements like NAD+ boosters!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thats awesome, but I think everyone should play around with their dose and find what mg works for them. I too have been on NAD boosters for 3 yrs now and started at 500mgs daily for awhile. When I felt like the NMN or NAD wasnt working as well, thats when I bumped it to 1g daily. Everyone's different and has different goals and lifestyles so play around with the dose and find what works for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic