Re: Skin

Post by Newage »

Thanks for your advice Fred.
I will put it into play...

OzSport

Post by OzSport »

gullibleorbrillant wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 pm
I do feel and observe improved athletic performance when I take NAD+ boosters but I see ABSOLUTELY ZERO benefit to skin. In fact I could even argue my skin looks worse. So with that in mind does ANYONE have any real HONEST evidence of other products that could actually help me look as young as I feel and function at??
I'm assuming your nutrition, sleep, and exercise are alright? I'm not a medical professional, but I do find from personal experience that if I have too much sugar one week and / or poor sleep despite everything else being ok (exercise, taking vitamins, etc.), my skin does break out and can be a bit sallow. If I go back to basics with ensuring that all those key building blocks are in place, my skin does improve.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Fred wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:53 am Some friendly skincare TIPS from someone who has worked in a clinic and knows what works and what doesn´t:

1.European sunscreen 365 days a year. European filters are more advanced than those available on the US market (because FDA regulates sunscreens as drugs in the US which has delayed new filters by 15 years). Make sure it protects against UVA adequately. La Roche Posay SHAKA fluid SPF 50 is light and non-greasy.

Topical vitamin C 10-15% (pH no more than 3.5) under your sunscreen if you want to enhance the SPF. Topical ascorbic acid also stimulates collagen synthesis and decreases unwanted pigmentation.

2. Prescription tretinoin 0.05% (active vitamin A) cream nightly repairs damaged collagen and elastin fibres and increases hyaluronic acid synthesis in not only mice but humans. It is the only FDA-approved topical for photoaging (that is 80% of visible skin aging).
Retinol 0.5-1% can be bought OTC but is 10-20 times weaker than active vitamin A (all-trans retinoic acid).

3.Topical niacinamide (B3) 4-5%, like Cerave PM lotion or Olay Regenerist fragrance-free. It works synergistically with topical vitamin A. Topical niacinamide supports DNA-repair via NAD+ synthesis, is anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, increases ceramides and fatty acids to boost your skin barrier and stimulates epidermal proteins and prevents hyperpigmentation.
Thank you for the information, Fred, really interesting!
Fred

Post by Fred »

OzSport wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 am Thank you for the information, Fred, really interesting!
Your welcome! Been reading dermatological textbooks since 1999. Happy to share my findings.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

This is an old thread, but i have learned a few things on this forum about repairing skin.

A. The series of Renue Products released by Alive By Science with a combination of highly bioavailable compounds to boost collagen, repair cells, remove zombie cells, clear up blemishes, etc.

https://alivebyscience.com/renue/

B. Astaxanthin

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946307/

C. Retinol A

From reducing visibility of wrinkles to clearing up rough skin, this has a long standing reputation for skin repair.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6791161/

D. Hyaluronic Acid

Short term tissue moisturising reduces the appearance of fine lines and makes skin look more youthful
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Retinol would be a nice fit to add to the Renue. I believe that ABS is trying to stay in the natural arena by using only vitamins and etc... Who knows though... ;)

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Fred wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:53 am Some friendly skincare TIPS from someone who has worked in a clinic and knows what works and what doesn´t:

1.European sunscreen 365 days a year. European filters are more advanced than those available on the US market (because FDA regulates sunscreens as drugs in the US which has delayed new filters by 15 years). Make sure it protects against UVA adequately. La Roche Posay SHAKA fluid SPF 50 (NOT the US-version. It has completely different filters) is light and non-greasy.

Topical vitamin C 10-15% (pH no more than 3.5) under your sunscreen if you want to enhance the SPF. Topical ascorbic acid also stimulates collagen synthesis and decreases unwanted pigmentation.

2. Prescription tretinoin 0.05% (active vitamin A) cream nightly repairs damaged collagen and elastin fibres and increases hyaluronic acid synthesis in not only mice but humans. It is the only FDA-approved topical for photoaging (that is 80% of visible skin aging).
Retinol 0.5-1% can be bought OTC but is 10-20 times weaker than active vitamin A (all-trans retinoic acid).

3.Topical niacinamide (B3) 4-5%, like Cerave PM lotion or Olay Regenerist fragrance-free. It works synergistically with topical vitamin A. Topical niacinamide supports DNA-repair via NAD+ synthesis, is anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, increases ceramides and fatty acids to boost your skin barrier and stimulates epidermal proteins and prevents hyperpigmentation.

I think it is time to revisit this, and combine it with other processes. Fred sounded pretty certain about this.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yep, great advice from Fred.

But I will tell you the Renue serum (i prefer the lotion) sinks right into the skin, and it quickly gets to work.

I had old scars, kind of like a pock mark i picked up during my early 30s on each temple. They were not large, but clearly visible.

One of them dried up within about 4 weeks and crumbled away! The other has shrunk and gets noticeable over time. That was shocking to me. It is like the ingredients recognised 'bad tissue' (sort of like the senolytics we talk about - and this lotion does contain senolytics, lke Resveratrol) and killed off the cells.

Other than that my complexion is more even and smooth. I am 53 years old and haven't had very bad skin, but there is a light pinkish healthiness to my face... and I like it. I am not overly vain, but I am happy to spend a few bucks to have a nicer looking face.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic