NAD+Skin

gullibleorbrillant

Skin

Post by gullibleorbrillant »

Hi Everyone,

I honestly do not know if I am a complete gullible moron or perhaps one of the few brilliant people that are actually live-experimenting with improved longevity.

I do feel and observe improved athletic performance when I take NAD+ boosters but I see ABSOLUTELY ZERO benefit to skin. In fact I could even argue my skin looks worse. So with that in mind does ANYONE have any real HONEST evidence of other products that could actually help me look as young as I feel and function at??

More than a little frustrating.

Thanks,

Wrinkly bag of high performance organs

jocko6889

Re: Skin

Post by jocko6889 »

gullibleorbrillant wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 pm Hi Everyone,

I honestly do not know if I am a complete gullible moron or perhaps one of the few brilliant people that are actually live-experimenting with improved longevity.

I do feel and observe improved athletic performance when I take NAD+ boosters but I see ABSOLUTELY ZERO benefit to skin. In fact I could even argue my skin looks worse. So with that in mind does ANYONE have any real HONEST evidence of other products that could actually help me look as young as I feel and function at??

More than a little frustrating.

Thanks,

Wrinkly bag of high performance organs
NAD+ boosters promote angiogenesis, which is the restoration of capillaries to a more youthful age (also endothelial cells lining arteries and veins). So although NAD+ boosters does not directly promote more collagen production, because the capillaries are more extensive there is more blood flow to all areas of the body including the skin. Of course each person is different, so whether you'll notice more youthful skin is not really known. A few have reported grey hairs turning back into their natural color.

There is something called micro needling or derma rolling that has caught on. You can buy a 0.5mm titaniam derma roller on ebay pretty cheap. They are tiny needles on a roller that penetrate the skin and promote repair in the form of new collagen. If you search youtube you can find many how to videos and some pretty amazing results. Hope this helps.
nebilbehar

Post by nebilbehar »

So 2 years ago I started having few grey hairs at the age of 48. I've had no increase in them on nmn. For skin I moisturise regularly and I am told I look younger than 2 years ago but who knows..
vandan

Post by vandan »

Well I have been told my skin looks better and I agree that it does look better. i.e. no further wrinkles with some less pronounced, better tone etc. This was on NMN, just started NAD+.

Dan
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Look up 'derma roller" on YouTube. Tiny needles that get down to the epidermis and produce collegen. Latest thing and it works.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Some friendly skincare TIPS from someone who has worked in a clinic and knows what works and what doesn´t:

1.European sunscreen 365 days a year. European filters are more advanced than those available on the US market (because FDA regulates sunscreens as drugs in the US which has delayed new filters by 15 years). Make sure it protects against UVA adequately. La Roche Posay SHAKA fluid SPF 50 (NOT the US-version. It has completely different filters) is light and non-greasy.

Topical vitamin C 10-15% (pH no more than 3.5) under your sunscreen if you want to enhance the SPF. Topical ascorbic acid also stimulates collagen synthesis and decreases unwanted pigmentation.

2. Prescription tretinoin 0.05% (active vitamin A) cream nightly repairs damaged collagen and elastin fibres and increases hyaluronic acid synthesis in not only mice but humans. It is the only FDA-approved topical for photoaging (that is 80% of visible skin aging).
Retinol 0.5-1% can be bought OTC but is 10-20 times weaker than active vitamin A (all-trans retinoic acid).

3.Topical niacinamide (B3) 4-5%, like Cerave PM lotion or Olay Regenerist fragrance-free. It works synergistically with topical vitamin A. Topical niacinamide supports DNA-repair via NAD+ synthesis, is anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, increases ceramides and fatty acids to boost your skin barrier and stimulates epidermal proteins and prevents hyperpigmentation.
Last edited by Fred on Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Thanks Fred.
I have a compounding chemist that makes up any combination of vitamins etc...into any skin care products that I order from him.
I will use some of your tips and have them compounded into my next order.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Newage wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am Thanks Fred.
I have a compounding chemist that makes up any combination of vitamins etc...into any skin care products that I order from him.
I will use some of your tips and have them compounded into my next order.
Happy that you found it useful. Just know that ascorbic acid and tretinoin is not to be applied at the same time. Tretinoin works best at physiological pH, together with niacinamide for example.

The topical vitamin C serum is very unstable so it needs to be stored in the fridge and used up within three months. Only applied in the morning.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Thanks Fred.
Any feedback from your end on Wheatgrass products for the skin ?
I use a product called Dr Wheatgrass, in the form of a topical recovery cream along with taking concentrated Wheatgrass Shots (5ml) daily.
Fred

Post by Fred »

A lot of botanical extracts can have an anti-inflammatory effect but daily SPF and topical retinoids (vitamin A) is the proven way to prevent and repair skin aging. I would rank topical vitamin C and green tea second and niacinamide (B3) third.

I don´t think wheatgrass would do anything special for your skin that these vitamins can´t do better. The skin cells have no "wheatgrass-receptors" but they sure do have specific retinoid receptors and they do take up vitamin C and B3 into the cells.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic