NAD+Beginning of a new journey

Drdavid

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by Drdavid »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Drdavid wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:57 am
Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm Although my blood pressure is not bad (128/82) @ 30 years old, there is room for improvement, and I may know the culprit. I follow a ketogenic based diet. mostly for the reason that I have a sugar intolerance and receive severe migraines when sugar is in my diet. So instead I use fat for fuel. However it is recommended that your salt intake should be raised while in ketosis. Salt raises blood pressure due to sodium in your blood steam straining your blood vessels leading to your kidneys which reduces the ability for your kidneys to remove water.

Perhaps I am overcompensating and need to lower my sodium intake.

Thoughts and input are welcome!

Thanks
If you are only getting salt through your diet and I am assuming that you are not eating a great deal of processed foods or diet soda, then you probably have another culprit. Genetics begin to play a key role and would be something to look at for a good view of the overall picture. The NAD should begin to help lower the blood pressure by increasing the elasticity of the vessels.
Thanks Drdavid

I will take a look in my family’s blood pressure. Something I completely overlooked!

However I do actually eat my fair share of processed meats. Pepperettes are my weakness! I always buy the natural select ones although I’m pretty sure that’s a pretty weak excuse. :lol:
Here is an article that I think you might like.

J Hypertens. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2019 May 17.
Published in final edited form as:
J Hypertens. 2016 Sep; 34(9): 1721–1729.
doi: 10.1097/HJH.0000000000001008
PMCID: PMC6524524
NIHMSID: NIHMS1005511
PMID: 27379533
Relation of unprocessed, processed red meat and poultry consumption to blood pressure in East Asian and Western adults
Linda M. OUDE GRIEP, Paraskevi SEFERIDI, Jeremiah STAMLER, Linda VAN HORN, Queenie CHAN, Ioanna TZOULAKI, Lyn M. STEFFEN, Katsuyuki MIURA, Hirotsugu UESHIMA, Nagako OKUDA, Liancheng ZHAO, Sabita S. SOEDAMAH-MUTHU, Martha L. DAVIGLUS, Paul ELLIOTT, and INTERMAP Research Group

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6524524/

Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Thanks Drdavid,

Although in not sure if I like that article because now I should be just cutting back all meats! :lol:
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:29 am New age, that’s great! Also looking to hear how the NAD+ sublinguals go. Can you provide us with you blood pressure results PRE NMN use?

I’d love to know those as I am monitoring mine and would like some comparisons with a fellow NMN taker.

thanks !
Pre NMN Blood Pressure would have fluctuated between 140/85 to 150/85 Depending on daily circumstances...
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Newage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:04 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:29 am New age, that’s great! Also looking to hear how the NAD+ sublinguals go. Can you provide us with you blood pressure results PRE NMN use?

I’d love to know those as I am monitoring mine and would like some comparisons with a fellow NMN taker.

thanks !
Pre NMN Blood Pressure would have fluctuated between 140/85 to 150/85 Depending on daily circumstances...
Those are substantial numbers pre and post.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:04 pm

thanks !
Wow, thats crazy systolic! were you ever on blood pressure medication?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

With those results hundreds of thousands of people could see their hypertension simply vanish. It will be interesting to see as data continues to be compiled if NAD becomes a primary script from primary care doctors.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey guys, I have a question for you all.....NMN or NAD+. Which molecule do you find to be more important and why? Short answers are preferred. Im just curious to know what you all think and I hope you all are having a nice day of rest today! :D
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:29 am With those results hundreds of thousands of people could see their hypertension simply vanish. It will be interesting to see as data continues to be compiled if NAD becomes a primary script from primary care doctors.
Drdavid.
I will rerun my 24 hour automatic Blood Pressure tests in 6 months time.
The 24 hour test gives a good indication of your average daily BP without spikes at certain times being caused by day to day scenarios.
I will advise anyone interested by way of the forum.. :idea:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Thank you looking forward to the results
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:42 am Hey guys, I have a question for you all.....NMN or NAD+. Which molecule do you find to be more important and why? Short answers are preferred. Im just curious to know what you all think and I hope you all are having a nice day of rest today! :D
I think both are important. NAD is available for use immediately and NMN can be converted to NAD later. I feel NMN really helps in skeletal muscle recovery and increased athletic performance. NAD sleep, mental clarity, performance and recovery
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic