NAD+Beginning of a new journey

drkris69

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by drkris69 »

Yes cant wait to hear back from you with any improvements. 8-)

rhett

Post by rhett »

I was under the impression that oral nad didn't make it into cells and that's why we need precursors
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes New Age keep us posted......love to hear about it. :D
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:29 am New age, that’s great! Also looking to hear how the NAD+ sublinguals go. Can you provide us with you blood pressure results PRE NMN use?

I’d love to know those as I am monitoring mine and would like some comparisons with a fellow NMN taker.

thanks !
Vandevalk1.
Would you mind giving up your age and your average blood pressure at the moment. Readings during the day as you go about your normal daily business are best. Also, are your days stressful with work etc, as this seems to have a profound effect on the readings ?
I would like to compare where we are both at...
Yep no worries.

current blood pressure: 128/82
In my line of work i am physically stressed but not mentally too often. (I manage to cope with the daily stress quite well)
please let me know your results too!

thanks!
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I never thought of taking blood pressure.

It's too late to take it before i try these molecules, but i think i might start measuring it once weekly.

I used to be always be 120/80 no matter what.

Good luck with this journey!
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Newage wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:48 am
Drdavid wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:06 am Always interested in seeing results in real world use. It is one thing to see something show promise in the lab but it is simply different to see results in the real world setting. I look forward to hearing about the outcome
Results of Blood Pressure (24 hour monitor) are in...
Prior to starting on NMN my readings were on the high side. I’m a type “A “person and this can have the downside of fluctuating your blood pressure on a daily basis depending on stresses in your day to day life.
Am I still a type A person? The answer is a definite YES, and probably more so with the elevated energy levels from taking NMN for the last 5.5 months. The upside of this category or personality trait is that you are a “doer” and you work towards trying to be a high achiever in most things in everyday life.
Blood Pressure results received today and averaged out over the 24 hour period by way of automatic monitor were 129/82 ..
I will take that “all day” at rising 70 years of age and on no prescription medication at all..
Seems to have made a big difference for me :D
That blood pressure is very good for your age. What was your average pressure prior to you beginning supplementation? With the addition of the NAD you should notice even more of a decline in your pressure. Being type A is a good thing because you typically are very productive the down side is that type A are high risk for heart attack
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Although my blood pressure is not bad (128/82) @ 30 years old, there is room for improvement, and I may know the culprit. I follow a ketogenic based diet. mostly for the reason that I have a sugar intolerance and receive severe migraines when sugar is in my diet. So instead I use fat for fuel. However it is recommended that your salt intake should be raised while in ketosis. Salt raises blood pressure due to sodium in your blood steam straining your blood vessels leading to your kidneys which reduces the ability for your kidneys to remove water.

Perhaps I am overcompensating and need to lower my sodium intake.

Thoughts and input are welcome!

Thanks
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm Although my blood pressure is not bad (128/82) @ 30 years old, there is room for improvement, and I may know the culprit. I follow a ketogenic based diet. mostly for the reason that I have a sugar intolerance and receive severe migraines when sugar is in my diet. So instead I use fat for fuel. However it is recommended that your salt intake should be raised while in ketosis. Salt raises blood pressure due to sodium in your blood steam straining your blood vessels leading to your kidneys which reduces the ability for your kidneys to remove water.

Thanks
[/quote

I have no salt or sugar in the house and I don’t salt foods when eating out or add sugar to tea or coffee.That has been part of my protocol since early adult years.
Most of my sugar is obtain naturally through fruit and salt through natural food levels.
I do add black pepper to nearly everything that I eat for the increased absorption value..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm Although my blood pressure is not bad (128/82) @ 30 years old, there is room for improvement, and I may know the culprit. I follow a ketogenic based diet. mostly for the reason that I have a sugar intolerance and receive severe migraines when sugar is in my diet. So instead I use fat for fuel. However it is recommended that your salt intake should be raised while in ketosis. Salt raises blood pressure due to sodium in your blood steam straining your blood vessels leading to your kidneys which reduces the ability for your kidneys to remove water.

Thanks
If you are only getting salt through your diet and I am assuming that you are not eating a great deal of processed foods or diet soda, then you probably have another culprit. Genetics begin to play a key role and would be something to look at for a good view of the overall picture. The NAD should begin to help lower the blood pressure by increasing the elasticity of the vessels.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:57 am

Thanks
If you are only getting salt through your diet and I am assuming that you are not eating a great deal of processed foods or diet soda, then you probably have another culprit. Genetics begin to play a key role and would be something to look at for a good view of the overall picture. The NAD should begin to help lower the blood pressure by increasing the elasticity of the vessels.
Thanks Drdavid

I will take a look in my family’s blood pressure. Something I completely overlooked!

However I do actually eat my fair share of processed meats. Pepperettes are my weakness! I always buy the natural select ones although I’m pretty sure that’s a pretty weak excuse. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic