NAD+Beginning of a new journey

Newage

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by Newage »

Newage wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:57 pm My greens energy and wellness drink.
50 ml on rising and 50 ml before bed of “fresh”
Mint and Parsley leaves blended with 500 ml of filtered water to make a concentrate.
Lasts 10 @ 50 ml serves ( 5 days in the fridge )
Weekends off.... :shock:

I just added fresh Basil and Kale leaves to the above daily greens drink. I will continue to add other herbs 🌿 as I go. All grown in my new little backyard herb garden..

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I need to get a herb garden going myself. ;)

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:35 am I need to get a herb garden going myself. ;)

One of the better things that I have done drkris69. POP out the back yard, cut the fresh herbs, maybe throw in a banana for a bit of sweetness and straight into the blender..
I decanter some, nearly freeze it and take it on my bike ride. Perfect energy replacement at about the 20 Klms mark then turn around and head back...I get a bit bored on the bike so after about 40 Klms or so I’m looking for a coffee shop.. :lol:

Newage

Post by Newage »

I have changed my “off supplement” days from 2 consecutive days (weekends) to Wednesday and Sunday for two reasons.
When training late on the second consecutive off day I noticed the Power on the bike to be just down slightly and secondly with the Virus ridden world that we unfortunately live in my personal belief is that one’s NAD+ levels are very important so to be on the safe side I will have one “off” day at a time. Two a week but spread out. Only my thoughts...
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yep this spring I will start a garden containing some veggies along with herbs.....Yum! :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

As we have comprehensively discussed numerous times before that low Inflammation can be one of the “holy grails” when it comes to longevity. AliveByScience supplements along with exercise, intermittent fasting and mindset   has my latest blood work inflammation markers at less than one (<1) on a recommended population scale of zero to ten. Above ten means concerning higher inflammation markers in the body.
Down from 8 when I started my ABS journey.
Pretty happy with that for an old guy..  :shock:

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Newage wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 am I have changed my “off supplement” days from 2 consecutive days (weekends) to Wednesday and Sunday for two reasons.
When training late on the second consecutive off day I noticed the Power on the bike to be just down slightly and secondly with the Virus ridden world that we unfortunately live in my personal belief is that one’s NAD+ levels are very important so to be on the safe side I will have one “off” day at a time. Two a week but spread out. Only my thoughts...

I'm still experimenting with 3 double dose days on and 4 days off. As it happens, my son has now caught CoVid (4 days in now). I am making absolutely no effort at all to protect myself - no mask, no hand washing, spending time with him as I normally would and not 2 metres apart. The only thing I have done is double my VitD intake and start taking zinc again (along with copper to keep it in balance). 
My last vaccination was at the beginning of August last year; I haven't had a booster. 
As of today, my third without NMN, I'm still negative and feeling great. 

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Incidentally, I'd rather become infected with CoVid than not, so I don't have to have a booster. (I find the data on myocarditis from the booster rather worrying - a conversation with my cardiologist last week saw him tell me that he is seeing an average of 6 patients per week with it, all cropping up around  weeks after a booster jab).
(Furthermore, I am effectively isolating with my son, I won't go out until he is all clear and assuming I'm still testing negative (or have become positive and then got over it). Don't want anyone to think I'm being reckless putting others at risk.)

So overall, it will be interesting to see if VitD and zinc keep it away, and if not, how ill I might feel in comparison to my son, given that I'm taking NMN and he isn't. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

As a matter of interest..How sick did your son end up becoming after contracting the virus RobSmith. Are you testing yourself daily or just monitoring a possible onset of symptoms ?
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

He's testing daily and I'm doing it every other day. He is still positive and I'm still negative (this morning). 
As it happens we are both going to take a PCR test today just to rule out false negatives for me. 
His symptoms started with nausea and vomiting along with headache. We didn't actually think this was CoVid so didn't test, but this then morphed into aching muscles at which point he did start testing with the lateral flow devices and these have been positive every day since. The nausea went away whilst headaches have remained intermittent. His muscle aches have clearly declined today and so far no headache today so this suggests he's now beating it. 
I'll update with the PCR test results when I have them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic