NAD+NAD+ for the prevention of neurodegenerative disorders: scientific study

jocko6889

Re: NAD+ for the prevention of neurodegenerative disorders: scientific study

Post by jocko6889 »

xyz121 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:26 am I get that this is an old post, however I wasn't able to find any newer relevant topics.

My brother has ALS. I've read of promising results some ALS patients have had using NAD in IV's, and I'm looking into that, however my brother is not as open minded as I am when it comes to longevity protocols, and he won't do an IV at this point.

He's willing to take it orally, however. So...I'm struggling with dosage for NAD powder. I'd like to suggest to him a reasonably higher dose than standard but I have no idea where to start. Seems Dr. Sinclair is "pushing the limit" as to what is recommended at 1g per day, but I'd like to go higher than that to boost his blood levels as high as possible. If he sees any noticeable benefit in his symptoms from the oral, he is willing to go the IV route.

Any thoughts as to what may be a good range of dosage to start with?  He's about 160 lbs (73kg) and 5'10" (178cm).

Thanks much for your support.

Sorry to hear about your brother.  NMN is safe up to 1.5 grams per day using the sublingual powder.  The liposomal NMN is more bioavailable, so if you're going that route I wouldn't go more than 500-750mg.  Take TMG in equal amounts in order to avoid loss of too many methyl groups.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic