SenolyticsWhat is the current human trial status of Senolytics in general

Drdavid

Re: What is the current human trial status of Senolytics in general

Post by Drdavid »

Newage wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:55 am Even though the body is “one big chemistry set”
beakers can overflow so I think in most cases it is wise to “ Take the best and discard the rest”
Supplements need to work in synergy and complement each other.
I agree and you have heard me say many times on this forum that individualized plans are the best. You must get the biggest bang for each dollar that you spend. This means that your goals are met for your individualized plan and needs.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

well we know we need Senolytics, and we have some leading candidates. It will be nice to get some firm results on Fisetin, and other SIRT1 activators.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I don't think we have many people on board who are following Senolytics all that closely, unfortunately. The exception is fisetin.

But i think it is as important to have multiple sources for Senolytic activity as we are currently looking at for telomerase.

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I think we need to keep our eyes open for the "too much" line for each senolytic, as we have read concerning resverstrol.

This could also be the case for other senolytics.

I even seem to keep my NMN intake between 500 and 625 mg per day. and skip either one or two days per week.

I have been adding B12 and Folate occasionally, so I think i have NMN well balanced.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Moderation is the key... like food, alcohol,sun exposure, exercise, supplements etc...”more is not necessarily better” and can actually do a lot of  damage.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Newage wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:35 pm Moderation is the key... like food, alcohol,sun exposure, exercise, supplements etc...”more is not necessarily better” and can actually do a lot of  damage.

I agree. I guess the difficulty is in establishing "daily values".

It seems whenever there is a new 'supplement' it seems to hover around a gram. 

Although there is something I am taking in Micrograms, (V B12)
Newage

Post by Newage »

Yes, I think Drdavid was right in saying that every individual has different daily values when it comes to supplements, food, exercise and pretty well everything else in life.
The trick is to find one’s sweet spot with everything..   🥴
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think this field will grow exponentially, as it looks like we're finding new ones by the week.

I think we need to know what can work with senolytics to further the refreshing of cellular content in the body.

Once we establish how much regeneration is needed or what can take place it can be part of a daily regimen... like vitamin c or cod liver oil of days gone by.

Newage

Post by Newage »

I believe we have to narrow it down to the best ones available and the ones that give us the biggest “ bang for our bucks”
My supplement shelf already looks like a chemist warehouse.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

LOL Mate! Mine too. My girlfriend watches me take a slew of vitamins every morning and says "Dont you want to throwup"? :mrgreen: She's good though and understands!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic