SenolyticsLoperamide and autophagy

jessicaP

Loperamide and autophagy

Post by jessicaP »

Definitely worth a look. This drug induces autophagy and while it has been used to treat diarrhea, it might be so good at its job of autophagy it may treat aggressive brain cancer.

This is almost like a super find and replace tool to clear out bad cells.

https://bgr.com/2020/12/24/cancer-drug- ... edication/

NewLifeScience

Re: Loperamide and autophagy

Post by NewLifeScience »

jessicaP wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:15 pm Definitely worth a look. This drug induces autophagy and while it has been used to treat diarrhea, it might be so good at its job of autophagy it may treat aggressive brain cancer.

This is almost like a super find and replace tool to clear out bad cells.

https://bgr.com/2020/12/24/cancer-drug- ... edication/

I saw this too!

I imagine this will trigger some funds and research. It looks like there are going to be a lot of substances triggering autophagy. Now we just need to know if/when/when stem cell creation is triggered and make that part of our regimen.

So if we can confirm these substances stay clear of healthy cells, we can get pretty excited. We can clear out the bad and inflammation triggering cells. It's like running a subroutine in our bodies. we can generate a set of tools to scrub and renew.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Wow cool find JessicaP...Thanks for sharing. :D

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I am no biochemist. I wonder how closely this resembles Fisetin.

In fact I wonder if they are conducting similar treatments with Fisetin.

I tried oral Fisetin quite some time ago. About 1.5 grams two days apart. Over the next 2-3 weeks I lost (i  am not kidding) about 7 pounds.

I keep wondering if this was essentially dead cell matter leaving my body. I wonder how dead cells (by autophagy) are eliminated.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

It would be interesting to see about weight loss within 2 weeks of the second dose.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article by the way, but it doesnt tell you how much Loperamide to take in order to achieve Autophagy. I would love to know. Also, Loperamide can be used for withdrawal symptoms from opiates. Loperamide binds to the same receptors in the brain that the opiates do. Crazy I know right? :shock:

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Right, there is a big difference between stopping diarrhea and inducing auto[hagy. I will keep my eyes open for this.

It may end up being a high dose scenario where you take a lot for 2 days followed my 4 weeks without. Either that or you may get constipated.

Anyway i think the list of anti-aging and healthspan supplements will grow to enormous potential, and it also look as if AliveByScience can lead the charge establishing daily values - as only real life can help get us there.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I wonder if Fisetin would have the same effect.

My mother takes Imatinib for CML, a type of Leukemia that produced malformed, immature white blood cells. There was a marker called the 'Philadelphia Chromosome' that was telltale.

So Imatineb scrubbed her body of these bad cells, or at least the bad chromosome. This was 19 years ago - and now she is 85 - definitely not a victim of a cancer that used to take 8 years on average to claim a life.

Dasatinib is in the same family (later generation) also used to fight cancer. 

It looks like my mom has been taking a type of senolytic, at least in the general sense. Both Imatinib and Dasatinib or Tyrosine Kinase inhibitors which ultimately induce cell death on the targeted cells, specifically Bcr-Abl.

Which may explain why she is the longest lived in her family for 3 generations, despite getting a type of cancer.

This makes me wonder if each senolytic is general in terms of the cells it targets, or if eack one goes after specific target. I suspect there isn't a one size fits all senolytic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic