SenolyticsSenolytics alleviates age-related cognitive impairment

AlbertY

Senolytics alleviates age-related cognitive impairment

Post by AlbertY »

This is the first paper showing that the removal of the senescent cell can alleviate brain inflammation and cognitive decline during aging.

With AP20187 or with the senolytic cocktail Dasatinib and Quercetin, they observed that both strategies resulted in reduced senescent cell, microglial activation and reduced expression of SASP factors. Importantly, both approaches significantly improved cognitive function in aged mice. Our data provide proof-of-concept for senolytic interventions' being a potential therapeutic avenue for alleviating age-associated cognitive impairment.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33470505/

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
drkris69

Re: Senolytics alleviates age-related cognitive impairment

Post by drkris69 »

Another great article..... :D

jocko6889

Re: Senolytics alleviates age-related cognitive impairment

Post by jocko6889 »

AlbertY wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:15 am This is the first paper showing that the removal of the senescent cell can alleviate brain inflammation and cognitive decline during aging.

With AP20187 or with the senolytic cocktail Dasatinib and Quercetin, they observed that both strategies resulted in reduced senescent cell, microglial activation and reduced expression of SASP factors. Importantly, both approaches significantly improved cognitive function in aged mice. Our data provide proof-of-concept for senolytic interventions' being a potential therapeutic avenue for alleviating age-associated cognitive impairment.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33470505/

Good article.  I recommend following the Mayo Clinic human trial using Fisetin.  It's the best senolytic we have so far. 

I use up one bottle of Alive by Science Liposomal Fisetin over 2 months emulating the Mayo protocol.  Liposomal Fisetin is extremely bioavailable, whereas the regular powder or capsule form of Fisetin is not.  I do 25 pumps per day (5 pumps at a time sublingually under the tongue to let it absorb into the bloodstream until you reach 25 total) for 2 days.  So that's 50 pumps total over 2 days.  Rest one month, then repeat 25 pumps per day for 2 days and you're done.

In my opinion, you can repeat this protocol every 6 months or yearly to clear out senescent cells.  It will not clear out every single type of senescent cell but it's currently the best we have and Fisetin has been shown to be extremely safe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic