SenolyticsAn example of a powerful senolytic vs dangerous cells

NewLifeScience

An example of a powerful senolytic vs dangerous cells

Post by NewLifeScience »

Loperamide, the active ingredient in anti-diarrhea medication Imodium, has been discovered to be a very strong senolytic targeting cancer cells in both the brain and the breast.

Recently there has been promising research that uses Loperamide to target breast cancer and to highlight the importance of senolytics in the fight against cancer.

https://www.cancernetwork.com/view/fda- ... ast-cancer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3305793/

Loperamide also was shown to be effectuive against an extremely aggressive form of brain cancer, triggering autophagy in glioblastoma  cells.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 101455.htm

I have no idea of the dosages used, or what combinations with other compounds make a loperamide safe but it is amazing how accessible many senolytics are to the average consumer.

Targeting sensescent cells of various types is the next logical step and will add to our ability to scrub many organs and tissues of unhealthy cells.

TedB

Re: An example of a powerful senolytic vs dangerous cells

Post by TedB »

That is amazing. I am almost tempted to take it... except i don't expect i would enjoy constipation.

I wonder if loperamide just stops diarrhea or it is also caused one to be constipated.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Jocko may know more about this. But the senolytic 'industry' is going to the moon.

I am not an entrepreneur, but i can only imagine what is going to happen in the next few months and years.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

So much happening.

There are going to be a lot of senolytics coming up. Hopefully there will be a multi-senolytic product we can take down the line.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes the world of Senolytics is really being studied and many more will be widely available very soon.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

There have been a couple of pretty big breakthroughs in the world of senolytics so far this year.  Senolytics are drugs that rid the body of senescent cells, which are cells that have reached their cellular division limit but refuse to die.  Instead, they hang around and emit toxins that destroy surrounding healthy tissue, greatly contributing to aging. 

Scientists who research senolytics are hindered by their inability to detect whether potential senolytic drugs actually work to kill senescent cells.  In a breakthrough earlier this year, though Judith Campisi and her colleagues at the Buck Institute shared their discovery of a novel, non-invasive biomarker test that can be utilized to measure and track the performance of senolytic drugs.  This is a first and will greatly speed up the process of identifying new senolytic drugs.

Read more about it here:
https://www.technologynetworks.com/prot ... acy-347331

The other big news was the discovery of the most dangerous type of senescent cells, which were found to be senescent immune cells.

Read more about it here:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 164000.htm

Now we now know the biggest target for a new senolytic drug and we've discovered a new way for scientists to tell whether or not a potential senolytic drug may actually work.

From the study, "Now that we have identified which cell type is most deleterious, this work will steer us towards developing senolytics that target senescent immune cells.  We also hope that it will help guide discovery of biomarkers in immune cell populations that will help gauge who is at risk of tissue damage and rapid aging, and therefore who is at most need of senolytic therapy."

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Target, aim, fire.

I learned years ago after a family member and 2 family friends happened to die quite quickly after a cancer diagnosis. Up until their diagnosis, it was not obvious they were even that sick.

That was a big shift for me. I decided to act as if I already had cancer or was about to get it. And then to live in a fashion that actively fights cancer and all of its 'precursors', particularly inflammation - since in my research, that was the most common culprit.

Now, years later, I have now come into the longevity arena, but still live to fight cancer, and still research it.

This particular target is like a  cancer seed. And I see most senescent cells as a type of cancer or disease seed, so senolytics are definitely something I have permantently added to my battle against disease, cancer and aging.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Very cool and great articles. Thats the thing, they need to invent a biomarker to be able to measure if the senolytic is working  and if the dose is right. :D

TedB

Post by TedB »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 am Target, aim, fire.

I learned years ago after a family member and 2 family friends happened to die quite quickly after a cancer diagnosis. Up until their diagnosis, it was not obvious they were even that sick.

That was a big shift for me. I decided to act as if I already had cancer or was about to get it. And then to live in a fashion that actively fights cancer and all of its 'precursors', particularly inflammation - since in my research, that was the most common culprit.

Now, years later, I have now come into the longevity arena, but still live to fight cancer, and still research it.

This particular target is like a  cancer seed. And I see most senescent cells as a type of cancer or disease seed, so senolytics are definitely something I have permantently added to my battle against disease, cancer and aging.

Sorry to hear about your losses. The wisdom you have gained from them is right on point.

I am thinking that senolytics are essentially going after cancer causing/aiding cells and getting them out of the picture, so I will keep my eyes open for all new developments with them.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

I'm posting a new article in the research section of our ABS website today - part 7 in a series we're doing on the Hallmarks of Aging.  This one will be on senescent cells.

Sinclair has said he believes there will be some huge breakthrough in human longevity by the year 2030.  If we don't get the actual cure for old age, which would be rolling back the epigenome to an earlier point in time, we might get a big breakthrough in discovering senolytic drugs that kill all the bad senescent cells of all cell types.  No doubt this would extend healthspan and likely lifespan as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic