SenolyticsIs Berberine a senolytic as well as a glucose moderator?

NewLifeScience

Is Berberine a senolytic as well as a glucose moderator?

Post by NewLifeScience »

I have recently come across an article describing Berberine as a potent glucose moderator and a lipid metaboliser.

It seems it is also a senolytic.

Is anyone aware of which cells is breaks down? Or is that what it is doing to cholesterol and triglycerides.

canadahealthy

Re: Is Berberine a senolytic as well as a glucose moderator?

Post by canadahealthy »

It is noted to have some senolytic and anticancer benefits.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5829354/

"4.12.3. Berberine as Potential SenolyticA compound with the ability to modulate FLIP in senescent cells may potentially be used as a senolytic drug. Berberine is among those compounds that modulates FLIP and has been included in a recent patent as potential senolytic [242]. Studies are currently in progress around this topic."

So it doesn't seem to be fully established, but looks promising.

It certainly worth it for the glucose management and cholesterol reduction.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Berberine is awesome. you can take 1500mgs right before your biggest carb meal and it will have similar effects as Metformin but without the bloating and nausea symptoms that Metformin can have.
TedB

Post by TedB »

So poor man's metformin. Or at least without getting a prescription. Sounds great.
MondayMorningQB

Post by MondayMorningQB »

Isn't it true that berberine has low bioavailability?
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I think you want to take it with something fatty, like yoghurt.

But when I have take it orally, i can tell it is getting absorbed. The best bet of course is AliveByScience's Liposomal Berberine (coming soon). That will shoot the bioavailability to near 100%.
ExerciseStimPill

Post by ExerciseStimPill »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:25 pm Berberine is awesome. you can take 1500mgs right before your biggest carb meal and it will have similar effects as Metformin but without the bloating and nausea symptoms that Metformin can have.

Hi drkris69, I'm new to the forum and to Berberine as well.  Can you tell me where you found the info on dosing?  The bottle says to take one 150 mg/day.  Thank you for your reply.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there, so if you are just starting Berberine then I would take 150 2to 3x per day and you could work up to 1500mgs. At the moment of writing this, I dont have the info in front of me. Look up Berberine and see how it acts alot like Metformin.
vauss88

Post by vauss88 »

According to the study below, yes. Some info from the abstract further down.

Berberine ameliorates cellular senescence and extends the lifespan of mice via regulating p16 and cyclin protein expression

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6974710/

"BBR also rescued senescent cells with late population doubling (PD). Furthermore, the senescence‐associated β‐galactosidase (SA‐β‐gal)‐positive cell rates of late PD cells grown in the BBR‐containing medium were ~72% lower than those of control cells, and its morphology resembled that of young cells."

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I just take 150 mg 5 days per week, and triple it if I am having  or have had a sugary meal or snack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic