SenolyticsIs Berberine a senolytic as well as a glucose moderator?

drkris69

Re: Is Berberine a senolytic as well as a glucose moderator?

Post by drkris69 »

drkris69 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:33 pm Hey there, so if you are just starting Berberine then I would take 150 2to 3x per day and you could work up to 1500mgs. At the moment of writing this, I dont have the info in front of me. Look up Berberine and see how it acts alot like Metformin.

Berberine has been shown to regulate glucose and lipid metabolism in vitro and in vivo. This pilot study was to determine the efficacy and safety of berberine in the treatment of type 2 diabetic patients. In study A, 36 adults with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes were randomly assigned to treatment with berberine or metformin (0.5 g t.i.d.) in a 3-month trial. The hypoglycemic effect of berberine was similar to that of metformin. Significant decreases in hemoglobin A1c.   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2410097/

Here in this study, the patients were taking .5g 3x per day (500mgs per meal, 3 meals per day) for 3 mos.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

It's a must have on your list, unless you take Metformin.
Newage

Post by Newage »

smokinjoe wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 am It's a must have on your list, unless you take Metformin.

I only take one RBS capsule daily of Berberine, more so as a maintenance dose.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I havent tried Berberine as of yet, Im taking Metformin instead. I suggest anyone that decides to take either please get a Glucometer to measure your glucose. Its a great way to find your ideal dose for daily use.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

smokinjoe wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 am It's a must have on your list, unless you take Metformin.

i agree about this. It is an AMPK activator, so we should be taking this or metformin.
AJayeJ

Post by AJayeJ »

Hi All,

If taking Renue's Liposomal Berberine, how much are you taking each day?
Are you taking it every day, or only on day's that you do not exercise?

For those who have been taking Berberine for some time, what benefits have you experienced from taking it?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks  :D.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

AJayeJ wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:17 am Hi All,

If taking Renue's Liposomal Berberine, how much are you taking each day?
Are you taking it every day, or only on day's that you do not exercise?

For those who have been taking Berberine for some time, what benefits have you experienced from taking it?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks  :D.

If you're taking it to reduce A1C scores (glucose tolerance) and NOT prediabetic or diabetic then you could replicate the amount prescribed for Metformin for anti-aging purposes, which is 250 mg to 850 mg twice a day with meals.  However, Renue by Science Berberine is liposomal so much more bioavailable.  One capsule of liposomal berberine is 150mg, which means you'd only need 1 capsule twice a day to replicate the same amount of non-liposomal Metformin.

Everyone over 50 should be checking their A1C score.  This needs to be under 5.7 or you are considered prediabetic or worse.  Sinclair wears the freestyle libre continuous glucose monitoring device on his arm and he's not even prediabetic.  He just wants to keep his blood/glucose down and see which foods/drinks raise his levels.  Low blood/glucose is considered anti-aging.

https://www.freestyle.abbott/us-en/home.html

AJayeJ

Post by AJayeJ »

Thanks so much Jocko!

That is very helpful.

On the jar, just one capsule a day is recommended but it sounded quite low. I find it confusing understanding the dosage differences necessary between different supplements when moving over to liposomal formulations. I will increase it to two!
Under the age mentioned and thankfully neither diabetic nor pre-diabetic here :-).

Thanks again for sharing the information!

:D

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes thank you Jocko for the further explanation. The Lipo formula is great stuff and potent.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

It helps me feel less guilty about my sweet tooth, but i will take one pill LSG Berberine at least 6 times a week for the long life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic