SenolyticsLong term effects of taking Berberine. Do i need to cycle?

naruto123

Long term effects of taking Berberine. Do i need to cycle?

Post by naruto123 »

Hi all,

I've just ordered some RBS LIpo Berberine and as it's a 90 day supply I was wondering should I take this every day or cycle? And if cycling how long and what frequency? 

Also are there any known negative side effects of taking this long term? I came across a few suggestions it could be bad for the liver but then found another article that said there's been no evidence to date.

FYI My non fasting plasma glucose is 5.6mmol\L, which here in the UK is considered in the middle of the normal range (4.1 - 6). That said I do consider myself a bit overweight and I do have a sweet tooth. 

Aside from the usual vitamin supplements I'm also taking RBS Lipo NMN + RSV and Lipo Gutathione.

Thanks

drkris69

Re: Long term effects of taking Berberine. Do i need to cycle?

Post by drkris69 »

I would take it with your meals, especially after eating moderate carbs.  :D

vauss88

Post by vauss88 »

naruto123 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:47 am Hi all,

I've just ordered some RBS LIpo Berberine and as it's a 90 day supply I was wondering should I take this every day or cycle? And if cycling how long and what frequency? 

Also are there any known negative side effects of taking this long term? I came across a few suggestions it could be bad for the liver but then found another article that said there's been no evidence to date.

FYI My non fasting plasma glucose is 5.6mmol\L, which here in the UK is considered in the middle of the normal range (4.1 - 6). That said I do consider myself a bit overweight and I do have a sweet tooth. 

Aside from the usual vitamin supplements I'm also taking RBS Lipo NMN + RSV and Lipo Gutathione.

Thanks

Did a quick search on pubmed, and basically, nobody knows for sure the long-term potential effects. Personally, I used a product with 600 mg of berberine for a year and a half before I switched to RBS lipo berberine about 3 months ago. No negative impacts perceived, and nothing indicating a problem on my most recent blood test done on 8/22/22.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

The suspicion is that, like metformin, the long term effects are longevity.

I cycle everything i take 6/1. some times 5/2

but if i am having a bad day for carbs and sugar, i load up.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Me too, I take 1000mgs of Metformin 2x per day and some days I take Berberine daily as well. I try to keep my carb intake under 100g daily. When I know Ive eaten more than 100g, thats when I take the Berberine.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

The link below is to a presentation on YouTube by Dr. David Sinclair, of why he moved from taking Metformin for 30 years . to Berberine, and his own research before doing so. He likes to equalize his intake of supplements, so you'll find that is true with NMN, TMG and Bereberine, taken WITH food for their low solubility in oral powder intake.
I have been following his suggestions, and after carrying a "Panzer" (Spanish for tummy) for 40 years, was amazed to see it disappear, with the loss of 15 more lbs, in about a months time. My belt loops tightened up two holes, and I can see my toes!. One Caution, if you're on an Ace Inhibitor blood thinner, wean yourself off of , as you wean your self onto Berberine. My Blood pressure dropped 30 points from 157 to 127/70, Theses benefits ALL come from the ability of Berberine to lower your Glucose levels, controlling your insulin tolerance. That allows More Good nutrition into the calls, with NMN for the anti-aging effects you desire. They are a natural combo. Another pathway , is Ca AKG. Research the many Blind Study trials for your age group for results.
Ben Y. , 81+ Pickleball 101 4 years RbS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bTVxlF6B8A
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks Ben, Ive decided to try Berberine for 1 mo. without taking the Metformin and see what results I get. So far Ive been taking daily reads on my Glucose monitor and suprisingly my glucose on a daily has ranged anywhere from 96 to 110 just taking Berberine 500mg 2x per day. I plan to finish out the month strong and hopefully continue to see the results Berberine has to offer. ;)

gabby

Post by gabby »

I take 1000 mg of Metformin 2 times a day. A year ago I tried to take myself off and do just Berberine. My sugar numbers raised. The Berberine was not keeping them down like the Metformin. That said, I think one has to "ween" with the Metformin and let your body adjust. I am now going to trying doing that and see what happens. I've been on Metformin for 15  years now so I really want to do half and half of Berberine and Metformin. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yeah I dont think I will stop Metformin forever and the reason is there is so much research on Metformin and that it protects against Cancer and Dementia. Dr. Sinclair also says that people live longer when they take Metformin. So for these reasons, I will continue taking Metformin for the rest of my life. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic