SenolyticsBerberine and Metformin

jamierh

Berberine and Metformin

Post by jamierh »

Hi all,

I’m looking at starting up with Metformin. I already take RBS’s Defender supplement, which contains Berberine. Would this be overkill or detrimental in any way to take both Metformin and Berberine?

Thanks!

Newage

Re: Berberine and Metformin

Post by Newage »

jamierh wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:10 pm Hi all,

I’m looking at starting up with Metformin. I already take RBS’s Defender supplement, which contains Berberine. Would this be overkill or detrimental in any way to take both Metformin and Berberine?

Thanks!

It seems David Sinclair has changed from taking Metformin and is now taking Berberine. He chose one over the other and he knows more about longevity than “all of us put together.”
I guess in knowing that you should refer to his expert advice (Podcasts etc..) and then draw your own conclusions.. :idea:

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there, so Ive been on Metformin for the last 6 yrs and have recently switched to taking Berberine 500mg 2x per day. So far I find that Berberine has been keeping my blood sugar in check. But to answer your question, I dont think you need to take both as that would be overkill. Now Metformin has been around and studied quite extensively and the research shows that Metformin can protect you from getting certain diseases such as cancer and Dementia and I believe there's more. Dr. Sinclair states that people taking Metformin will live longer and be healthier than other people who dont take Metformin. I plan on going back to Metformin at the end of the month as I wanted to try Berberine and to see if it was worth a hoot. And so far it is... All I can say is try one or the other and that theres no reason to take both.
jamierh

Post by jamierh »

Newage wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:27 pm
I watched the clip that Pickleball shared and saw no mention of him switching to Berberine, only that he used to take Berberine and now takes Metformin as it’s a drug and is more efficacious.

Could you point me to the bit where Sinclair says he has switched? I may have missed that but but I couldn’t find it.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Pickleball is the “go to” when it comes to David Sinclair’s work.
He follows Sinclairs updates religiously..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there, just a follow up on taking Berberine instead of Metformin. I switched on Sept 1st and will take Berberine for 1 mo. Today is the 14th and I have to say Im impressed with Berberine so far. Not only has it kept my Glucose in check just like Metformin, but it is also doing exactly what Pickleball mentioned. I am loosing belly fat and this is what Im impressed with so far. :o

Last edited by drkris69 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I have been experimenting with both supplements. Just the fact that Berberine is so gentle that it does not mess up my gut bacteria balance like metformin is a major win so far for Berberine!

jamierh

Post by jamierh »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:28 am I have been experimenting with both supplements. Just the fact that Berberine is so gentle that it does not mess up my gut bacteria balance like metformin is a major win so far for Berberine!

Are you still taking Metformin? What effects were you feeling on your gut?

thanks!
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:06 am Hey there, just a follow up on taking Berberine instead of Metformin. I switched on Sept 1st and will Berberine for 1 mo. Today is the 14th and I have to say Im impressed with Berberine so far. Not only has it kept my Glucose in check just like Metformin, it is also doing exactly what Pickleball mentioned. Im am loosing belly fat and this is what Im impressed with so far. :o

Yes mate.
Pickleball said he can finally see his feet for the first time in a long while along with “other” body parts that he had lost track of …lol 😂

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I guess I didnt realize how bloated sometimes I looked in some pictures. Im not fat by any means but sometimes it looks like I have a little gut. Ive been taking Metformin for 5 yrs now mainly for Longevity purposes along with keeping Glucose in check. Now that Im taking Berberine, the bloating is gone. My measurements are 6'1" 215lbs 34" waist.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic