SenolyticsSenolytic Therapies And The Quest To Cure Aging

indigo27

Senolytic Therapies And The Quest To Cure Aging

Post by indigo27 »

Although Quercetin would seem to have little effect as a senolytic on its own, in this study in combination with Dasatinib, it amplified the effects of clearing senescent cells.

"Though the term “senolytic therapies” may be a bit foreign to the general public, the agents themselves are nothing new to scientists who have been looking to them to find treatments for a host of ailments that cause human beings to age. Some scientists say we are just a few years away from drugs, that if proven to be effective and safe in humans, could delay or prevent aging altogether.

A study published in July in the journal Nature Medicine, outlined the work of a team of researchers who found that senolytics improve physical function and increase lifespan in old age. They reported that treatment with a combination of two senolytic drugs — Dasatinib plus Quercetin — could prevent cell damage, delay physical dysfunction and extend lifespan in naturally aging mice."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robinseato ... 7cc4ba1930

Longevity36

Re: Senolytic Therapies And The Quest To Cure Aging

Post by Longevity36 »

Just when I thought DNA breaks, along with sirtuins getting lost , accompanied with silencing genes, were the leading cause of aging I go and find out, just today, that the new enemy is Senescence cells. Funny thing is I’ve been researching Quercetin lately because it comes in a 100mg amount with my resveratrol supplements as an additive . Now I’m learning that it’s the 1 part solution along with a chemo therapy type drug to ridding our body’s of these sleeper zombie cells. Can’t be any harm in upping my dosage aye?
RobSmith

Re: Senolytic Therapies And The Quest To Cure Aging

Post by RobSmith »

This article just goes to show that the best form of Senolytic is exercise.
https://www.longevity.technology/target ... ne-system/ 

Keep going everyone!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic