SenolyticsMayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

FitandHealthyinAZ

Re: Mayo Clinic Human Trial using Fisetin

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

Yep, Newage is absolutely right; restricting inflammation plus eating the right foods and proper supplementation is a huge - yet simple -key to a healthy and productive longevity. For me, eating more fruits, vegetables and foods containing omega-3 fatty acids plus I supplement with NMN and resveratrol has me keeping things simple and successful. Don't forget to exercise vigorously (get your heart rate elevated) with aerobic activity plus strength training for all major muscle groups every week.

Newage

Post by Newage »

FitandHealthyinAZ.
That’s the key, keeping it simple.
“ We still have to be able see the forest through the trees “
Being obsessed can sometimes blind us..
Boomer911

Post by Boomer911 »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:50 am Earlier this year, I followed the same protocol used in a human trial of Fisetin at the Mayo Clinic. Fisetin is the most powerful natural senolytic you can get. I buy the PureBulk brand on Amazon, however it comes in a powder and doesn't taste very good (it's made from tree bark). I mix it with 8 oz of OJ and it tastes fine.

Here's the protocol I use, adjusted from the study for a 185 lb man - 1,800mg per day for 2 consecutive days, repeat dose for 2 days one month later.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03675724

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're taking this concoction for two consecutive days once a month?

Also, the fisetin you mentioned you use says it's 50% fisetin. Are you doubling the dose to 3600mg to ensure you're getting the required 1800mg of fisetin?
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:50 am Earlier this year, I followed the same protocol used in a human trial of Fisetin at the Mayo Clinic. Fisetin is the most powerful natural senolytic you can get. I buy the PureBulk brand on Amazon, however it comes in a powder and doesn't taste very good (it's made from tree bark). I mix it with 8 oz of OJ and it tastes fine.

Here's the protocol I use, adjusted from the study for a 185 lb man - 1,800mg per day for 2 consecutive days, repeat dose for 2 days one month later.

very interesting. why do you think the dosing is spaced out in this manner?
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Good question. Would Fred or Jocko have any input?
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

NewLifeScience wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Good question. Would Fred or Jocko have any input?
I guess no input as of yet. But i think this stuff can be taken like any other Sirtuin activator, daily, and in reasonable doses. The 1800 mg per day is very high, I may start using it with a max of 200mg per day or perhaps even 100-150...
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Boomer911 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're taking this concoction for two consecutive days once a month?

Also, the fisetin you mentioned you use says it's 50% fisetin. Are you doubling the dose to 3600mg to ensure you're getting the required 1800mg of fisetin?
The Mayo Clinic human trial was over two months, that's it. So many people think the dosages used are to be used continuously every month. If you're truly following the human trial, that's not the case. It's over in two months. To follow the trial exactly, you should read it but in my case for a 190lb male, I used 1,800mg per day for two consecutive days, then repeated 1,800mg per day for two days one month later.... end of human trial. There were no side effects and from all I've read it isn't dangerous. I did repeat the trial a few months later just to make sure I got rid of as many senescent cells as possible but I want to make clear this is not what the Mayo Clinic did.

The labelling on the PureBulk Fisetin packaging is very clear. For 300mg of powder you get 150mg of Fisetin. So to get the 1,800mg dose you would use 3,600mg of powder or 1 1/2 teaspoons.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

My guess is that you're hitting senescent cells that survived the first round of Fisetin.
Fred

Post by Fred »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:15 pm
My guess is that you're hitting senescent cells that survived the first round of Fisetin.
That. And also to possibly reduce liver toxicity observed with HIGH doses of fisetin in mice. An abundance of caution perhaps since they´re administering this to elderly women in a frailty trial.

"Only one animal study on fisetin has reported any form of toxicity from fisetin use and the authors concluded that the elevations in ALT/AST levels (indications of liver toxicity) were in large part due to the vehicle used to administer the fisetin (DMSO). However, the fisetin + vehicle group showed significantly higher elevations than the vehicle alone group indicating that high doses of fisetin may additionally burden the liver because of its poor bioavailability (Sun et al., 2018). At a lower dose (112 mg/kg), fisetin didn't significantly increase apoptosis or lead to liver toxicity (Sun et al., 2018). Intermittent dosing and use of a form of fisetin with increased bioavailability are likely to mitigate the risk of liver toxicity."

https://brain.forever-healthy.org/displ ... ic+Therapy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 2-0811.pdf

The 1 month spaced out dosing perhaps could also be to allow for changes in insulin sensitivity, bone resorption and inflammation to occur before sampling.

"Detailed Description:
To the researchers' knowledge, there are no published studies utilizing Fisetin in alteration of frailty markers. Several studies involve use of Fisetin for its anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effects in animal models. Fisetin may reduce oxidative stress, alleviate hyperglycemia, and improve kidney function. No one has evaluated the biologic markers of inflammation and frailty in older postmenopausal women. The researchers plan to evaluate markers of frailty and markers of inflammation, insulin resistance, and bone resorption while maintaining bone formation in older postmenopausal women."

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... tin&rank=2
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

This is amazing. So many studies seem to be bearing fruit just in time for us to have a great deal of choice in designing our own program for sirtuin activation and senolytics in general.

i recently added the AMPK Activator (from here, ABN) and intend to share it with a friend who has type 2 diabetes and kidney failure. He is also using NAD+ and taking Resveratrol after speaking with his GP.

It would be quite something for him to gain some kidney function... he is pretty sick.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic