ExerciseKnee pain for 84 year old

Chloefr

Re: Knee pain for 84 year old

Post by Chloefr »

My grandma was struggling from knee pain almost all her life  :(

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

I think Hyaluronic acid can lubricate the joints and NMN and Curcumin for inflammation.

Chloefr

Post by Chloefr »

You're right. In the knees, and other joints, hyaluronic acid provides cushioning and lubrication. Bones are protected and can move smoothly against each other when are extend or flex the knee. However, conditions like osteoarthritis wear away your cartilage and synovial lining, which leads to inflammation and pain. “Low-impact exercises, like walking, cycling or using an elliptical machine are smart choices,” says Dr. Zikria. Walking, biking, swimming, tai chi, yoga, and water aerobics are all good aerobic exercises for people with osteoarthritis. They also very good for elderlies. Read more here Senior Fitness. Water exercise is especially ideal because of water's soothing warmth and buoyancy. It's a gentle way to exercise joints and muscles -- plus it acts as resistance to help build muscle strength.
MargieJNovoa

Post by MargieJNovoa »

Hyaluronic acid is good option to use..but too much use of this is not good.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

MargieJNovoa wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:35 am Hyaluronic acid is good option to use..but too much use of this is not good.

I have not really heard or read of any major side effects or issues for Hyluronic acid? How much is "too much" and why is it "not good"?

I don't think me personally and anyone else I know taking has ever have or overdosed on it to report any issues. I personally stick to 1 x LIPO HLA 150mg capsule 6 days a week, occasionally in a day 300mg. I take it at night as well.

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I don't think HA does anything beyond lubricating our skin and joints by allowng with to retain moisture,..

No anti-aging benefits other than looking better.
martino

Post by martino »

OMillsPA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:09 pm My mom will be 87 on Monday.  She had a rough November and December.  She was bleeding and became anemic and needed to have a colonoscopy.  We were finally able to get it done on 12/23/21.  They fixed the problem which was a large pullip.  The whole ordeal took a lot out of her.  First the anemia, then the coloscopy prep, then the surgery itself.  A week later I found out it was not cancer.  We were happy.  But she was still extremely tired.  I decided what the heck and bumped up the Lipo Complete to two pills a day to see what happened.  It's been two weeks, what a difference in her energy and mood this week.  We have been eating a plant-based diet, real healthy, with smoothies of wild blueberry, lemons, oranges, spinach, strawberries, celery, etc.  All real good stuff using almond milk mostly.  Home-made vegetable soup almost every day with lots of onions, garlic, mushrooms, cabbage, beans and mixed vegetables.  I'm actually optimistic that she is going to hang around a while longer.  Crossing my fingers.  At least she is healthier and not bed ridden like a year plus ago.  Last year a week before her birthday I had a priest come to give her confession and communion.  I didn't think she would make it to her birthday.  Here we are a year later and things are much better.  She is down 50 pounds due to our diet changes.  Look's like she is 60 again.  The NMN and Lipo complete helped a lot.  I guess it is never too late to change your fate and to not give up. (I probably should knock on wood - LOL) Oh well, I just wanted to say that I'm thankful.

Hello OmillsPA I just started my 85yr old father on double dose on LIPO NAD+complete. He is also taking LIPO CaAKG, Berberine, Glutathione, DHEA 25mg, Vitamin D & K, Omegas, Life extension DOPA MIND, multivitamin and more.  I am seeing results as in more youthful appearance and general well being with the double dose of LIPO NAD+Complete .
Just like to ask what your mum's full stack is ? 

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

JanCOhio wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:56 am I don't think HA does anything beyond lubricating our skin and joints by allowng with to retain moisture,..

No anti-aging benefits other than looking better.

Indeed, no anti-aging benefits, however, relief from joint aches and pains makes it well worthwhile. 

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

I think the best bet is NMN. It helps the body recover from exercise, enabling people to to physio and maintain themselves with a bit of helpful exercise.

HA is also a must if it can lubricate the joints.

Two great tools for aging with a bit more mobility and comfort.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic