ExerciseTiming of NR precursors with weightlifting exercise regiment

alexku

Timing of NR precursors with weightlifting exercise regiment

Post by alexku »

Hi
I would like to do a bit of re-composition: lose body fat and gain muscle mass in a course of 6 months to a year.

Will be exercising 4 times a week weightlifting/bodybuilding style:
Day 1 exercise
Day 2 exercise
Day 3 rest
Day 4 exercise
Day 5 rest
Day 6 exercise
Day 7 rest
I usually follow a form of 16/8 intermittent fasting on all days, and exercise will be done just before end of fast to optimise muscle building signalling.

A.
Since building muscle is inflammatory process as far as I understand, want to make sure don't unnecessary tamp down on that "good" inflammation.
What would be the best way to take NAD+ precursors - on rest days or exercise days? I have 300mg NR and sublingual NMN 125mg.

B.
Would also like to take curcumin, but it is a powerful antioxidant so was thinking to take it on rest days 24 hours away from exercise on each side to make sure muscle building signals and mTor are not tampered with.

Your advice is much appreciated

drkris69

Re: Timing of NR precursors with weightlifting exercise regiment

Post by drkris69 »

The NR and NMN I would do a 5-2 cycle. Take for 5 days and 2 days off. I would work up to a gram daily if you can. This should produce optimal results. :D
alexku

Post by alexku »

Thanks, but any view on the intra-day timing, and also which days to take the 2 days off NAD+ precursors - rest days or exercise days?

Trying to understand if NAD+ precursors are synergistic with resistance training muscle build or detrimental. We know for example that powerful anti-oxidants may not be conducive to building muscle.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I think this may turn out to be a case of trial and error. Even if you could track serum levels or tissue levels.. i don't think there is a current way to make this determination. 

It also may differ from person to person.

My instinct is to say taking the NAD+ precursor the afternoon/evening before exercise.

I would certainly take NAD+ Nasal or SL right before a workout, so I would work backwards from that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic