ExerciseKnee pain for 84 year old

canadahealthy

Knee pain for 84 year old

Post by canadahealthy »

Despite my warning my mother to 'not' work on her knees (in a bad kneeling position) she did so anyway... and eventually this led to bad knees.

My big problem is that she already takes tons of pills, supplements that I give her... and i think it is too much.

I have been studying hyaluronic acid for it's benefits on joints. There is plenty of research to back it up.
I also got her Boswellia, but she essentially declined it.

I think HA is considered pretty much non-toxic... has anyone heard different?

RobSmith

Re: Knee pain for 84 year old

Post by RobSmith »

As a cosmetic treatment, people are injected with Hyaluronic Acid all the time in the top layers of the skin so it must be non-toxic when administered like that, but I've no idea if it will help bad knees. I'd try rubbing Renue lotion on the knees first before going down the HA route. 
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I have been looking into Hyaluronic acid, this is a good summary presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdTLHaCh2go
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I think collagen would be the better route. Collagen is the main structural protein in the extracellular matrix in the various connective tissues in the body. Look into a good collagen peptide and you cant go wrong... ;)

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Boxcost wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:48 pm I have been looking into Hyaluronic acid, this is a good summary presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdTLHaCh2go

drkris69 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:31 am I think collagen would be the better route. Collagen is the main structural protein in the extracellular matrix in the various connective tissues in the body. Look into a good collagen peptide and you cant go wrong... ;)

There are products with both that are quite affordable. I think these  2 suggestions will possibly give some relief.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Well i broke down and ordered both HA and hydrolyzed collagen from Amazon. 

Also a knee tensor I altered for her seems to have helped her recent injury abate, so hopefully we can built up something in the joints.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Awesome now just give it some time and I would take a hefty dose daily!  ;)

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

canadahealthy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:19 pm Well i broke down and ordered both HA and hydrolyzed collagen from Amazon. 

Also a knee tensor I altered for her seems to have helped her recent injury abate, so hopefully we can built up something in the joints.

I hope this proves beneficial. Could you update us after a month?

I know the HA is quite fast in building up tissue lubrication, so hopefully there are noticeable results even sooner.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

The best remedy for knee pain is pumping synovial fluid to the meniscus. This rejuvenates the worn cushion between the knees and restores full walking motion without pain. I had my right meniscus trimmed after twisting my knee and tearing it. The surgeon said he'd have to do the left soon. NOT SO. I can help heal any part of my body. The simple exercise is to sit on a table, hanging your knee over, but not enough to bind under. Then start pumping it out and down , slowly for five minutes morning, noon , night. That will relive the inflammation soon to start walking again, the Best Therapy. Continue to insure a relapse doesn't occur, in an older person. Ben  
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

2 years ago, I had bad knee pain.  I started with Drs Best Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.  6 months later I tried Purity Product's Joint Gel, which is a little different.  Then I combined both - Alternating between the two.  Two years and a month later I am running 4.25 miles, 5 days a week with no pain.  It took over a year to be able to run, as I just walked for a year, but I am doing it now.  My knee was surgically repaired in 1989.  It was fine for about 20 years, then it started to hurt.   I actually ran 1/2 marathons often, a marathon once and many 10ks.   It took me almost 10 years to figure out this solution.  From about 44 to 53 years old.  Just throwing this out there for anyone wanting to try it. 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic