ExerciseDown 32 pounds, a lovely milestone!

NewLifeScience

Down 32 pounds, a lovely milestone!

Post by NewLifeScience »

Just celebrating my weight loss that was kicked off with a crazy fast with long days of labour in ridiculous heat and humidity.

Thanks to the treadmill i not only kept it off, i have now reached 196 pounds (before a run). 32 pounds down from where i started.

Of course, there is still a bit of a belly. My old nice jeans fit.

Me thinks i am more likely burning the brown adipose tissue behind my abdominal muscles. Once that is down... i will just keep going. I am not sure where to bottom out to, but I think no less than 180.

I am tempted to just get right down to low body fat... just once more in my life and by adding more regular strength and lean muscle training to my ritual more intensely. 

I am sure there is a 3 -4 month window of treadmill where you get the nice feeling of accomplishment - even some endorphins, but then after that the weight starts to drop off.

Anyway.. for the moment. I feel great!

OMillsPA

Re: Down 32 pounds, a lovely milestone!

Post by OMillsPA »

Congratulations on the weight loss.  I too am down a lot of weight in the last 4 months with exercise, eating less, and supplements similar to you.  I seem to be going through the same phases.  I have lost fat under my muscle for sure since I am smaller in size and lighter.  But my skin is loose and I still have some love handles over the muscles.  I plan on staying the course as it is going well and I feel great.  One thing that really helped me take the weight off was doing my walk or jog on an empty stomach in the morning.  Drinking green tea when I get home to warm up.  And not eating until after noon.  Since doing that, I noticed a big difference in the speed of the weight loss.  I do take my vitamins first thing in the morning with black coffee.  I wait about an hour to work out then.  I take the NMN in the afternoon to help in recovery.  I'm curious when others take their supplements in relation to exercise/time of day?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Congrats! I too have lost weight since taking the old NMN! Im almost at me fighting weight [205]. ;)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Way to go NLS! That is a staggering amount to lose! And if you get down to 180, you'll have lost  50 pounds.

I am sure you know what you are doing but if you stay high protein and moderate fat and low low carbs.. you might just melt it all off.

My weight loss has been gradual. But I have built a fair bit of lean muscle. I think I burn quite a few calories with strength training. It will be a while before I catch up to you.

Good going!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Now i am fasting with a mind to keep the weight off... I think that is a slippery slope.

I think i need a 30 day no fast zone and will just add 5 minutes to the run.

No use taking it off, just to get it back.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

True, in the end, i'd rather eat well and lose weight by aerobic exercise. Or lose fat by creating and maintaining lean muscle mass.

I see what you are saying about fasting. I have lost a few pounds, but i will just let it come off at around 5-7 pounds per month.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Congratulations on your achievements thus far, NewLifeScience -- losing a couple of pounds is hard enough, let alone 32, well done!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

OzSport wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 am Congratulations on your achievements thus far, NewLifeScience -- losing a couple of pounds is hard enough, let alone 32, well done!

Thanks Oz, I appreciate it. I feel really good about it. It's also making me much healthier. :)
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well I stopped fasting for over a week. No weight gain. I guess the exercise and cardio is helping me stay here.

I have a strenuous goal of losing 15 more pounds and then i expect due to modest lean muscle mass, I will start gaining.

I think I am going to invest in a 'fat-ometer'... I see one on Amazon for about $30.

In my life, the lowest i ever got was 8% when i was 23 and working out, running outside, biking... getting up early  - and eating McDonalds after a heavy workout. Back then I needed major calories.

I think I only 'hit' 8% after a big long run, and I was likely closer to 10%. I was never a body builder, and i don't like the feeling of being that low. 

So I will shoot for 11-12%.  I know I have a long way to go... :)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

LOL
Perhaps i spoke too soon.

I seem to have reached a plateau. I don't want to use fasting to lose more weight, and i haven't gained any. I am just hovering at the same weight, down 32 pounds.

Maybe I will add 5 minutes to my run.

Still very happy but always wonder about these plateaus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic