ExerciseDown 32 pounds, a lovely milestone!

RobSmith

Re: Down 32 pounds, a lovely milestone!

Post by RobSmith »

Maybe you gained muscle mass.
If the fat percentage is low, why worry about the absolute weight.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

RobSmith wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 am Maybe you gained muscle mass.

I am waiting for the time my fat percentage is low enough to stop worrying about my weight. But I ain't there yet! :)
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:18 am
RobSmith wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 am Maybe you gained muscle mass.

I am waiting for the time my fat percentage is low enough to stop worrying about my weight. But I ain't there yet! :)

Well when you have another rapamycin fast, whenever that is... you'll lose a few pounds. 

but it's common to plateau after such a successful drop.

Keep at it! :)
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

I agree with smokinjoe, plateaus are definitely normal!  Annoying yes, but totally normal, haha!

Keep going, you're doing great, NewLifeScience!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well i guess I busted past my plateau. I am now down 40 pounds...

Which means 2/3 of my clothes are useless, and another 2/3 of the pants i saved are now a good fit.

I am fasting frequently but i also eat enough fat and carbs to help absorb my supplements.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm Well i guess I busted past my plateau. I am now down 40 pounds...

Which means 2/3 of my clothes are useless, and another 2/3 of the pants i saved are now a good fit.

I am fasting frequently but i also eat enough fat and carbs to help absorb my supplements.

Wow, you have really been on a mission here.

Congratulations.

Q. What is your ultimate weight  goal? How rtall are you?
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I just went to the Doc today and weighed in.  Down 14 pounds in six months.  During the winter up north no less.  Just from walking fast and jogging outside 5 days a week about 3-4 miles and eliminating breakfast.  Eating between 12 and 6.  Started on NMN in mid January, but haven't used it regularly yet.  Maybe three days a week.  This is the first time I'm noticeably down, it's been a 30 year creep up pound by pound, without a notable loss.  So this is a good thing.  Pretty happy today.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

OMillsPA wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:05 pm I just went to the Doc today and weighed in.  Down 14 pounds in six months.  During the winter up north no less.  Just from walking fast and jogging outside 5 days a week about 3-4 miles and eliminating breakfast.  Eating between 12 and 6.  Started on NMN in mid January, but haven't used it regularly yet.  Maybe three days a week.  This is the first time I'm noticeably down, it's been a 30 year creep up pound by pound, without a notable loss.  So this is a good thing.  Pretty happy today.

Great stuff! Congratulations! It seems a select few have taken the opportunity during this pandemic to get fit and lose weight. That is a fantastic exercise and fasting regimen! You must feel great.

The other good thing about fasting is that since it is a way of life, it doesn't have to end. We don't have to worry about the dreaded 'bounce back' when we stop fasting because we don't intend to stop fasting.

Now you have the spring and summer to look forward to!
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

:D
 Thanks, smokinjoe.  Best part is I can cut my toe nails without taking a deep breath and nearly passing out.  LOL
;)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

OMillsPA wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:05 pm I just went to the Doc today and weighed in.  Down 14 pounds in six months.  During the winter up north no less.  Just from walking fast and jogging outside 5 days a week about 3-4 miles and eliminating breakfast.  Eating between 12 and 6.  Started on NMN in mid January, but haven't used it regularly yet.  Maybe three days a week.  This is the first time I'm noticeably down, it's been a 30 year creep up pound by pound, without a notable loss.  So this is a good thing.  Pretty happy today.

I second the congratulations. This is a pleasant side effect of fasting in its various forms. And if you plan to keep fasting as a way of like - no scary rebounds.

I find it amazing how my energy levels aren't different on fasting days anymore. I still mix it up now and then (which meals, which days) but when I am fasting i feel 100% fine. I can do a full run on the treadmill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic