ExerciseDown 45 pounds. 8 pounds to go!

mydarlingesme

Re: Down 45 pounds. 8 pounds to go!

Post by mydarlingesme »

Perhaps, someone here can help give some insight...

I am so encouraged to read about each of your journeys. While I do IMF for health, for some reason, I do not have the same weight loss success. I eat quite healthy when I do eat but not so much certainly under 1200 calories, more like 800. I have been told that my body thinks it is in starvation mode and holds on to every ounce. (I once did a green smoothy cleanse for 6 weeks, no sugar, good fats, under 1000 calories and gained 10 pounds!!) Anyhow, I have recently done the first two days of the Fisetin protocol, take Berberine, and I am awaiting delivery of the NAD+ Optimizer Series.  I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds.

If anyone has heard/experienced anything that might help, let me know.  ;)

edit to add: I have been told that I should be eating more in my eating window, but I eat as much as my body wants and I just don't have  hunger for more.

Newage

Post by Newage »

mydarlingesme wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:02 pm Perhaps, someone here can help give some insight...

I am so encouraged to read about each of your journeys. While I do IMF for health, for some reason, I do not have the same weight loss success. I eat quite healthy when I do eat but not so much certainly under 1200 calories, more like 800. I have been told that my body thinks it is in starvation mode and holds on to every ounce. (I once did a green smoothy cleanse for 6 weeks, no sugar, good fats, under 1000 calories and gained 10 pounds!!) Anyhow, I have recently done the first two days of the Fisetin protocol, take Berberine, and I am awaiting delivery of the NAD+ Optimizer Series.  I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds.

If anyone has heard/experienced anything that might help, let me know.  ;)

edit to add: I have been told that I should be eating more in my eating window, but I eat as much as my body wants and I just don't have  hunger for more.

Two consecutive days per week, one meal per day on those two days at 5pm containing no more than 2000 kilojoules (478 calories) DEFINITELY NO SNACKS
and watch the weight drop off.
Give it a go....

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I agree knock out the grazing and watch the weight fall off! ;)

mydarlingesme

Post by mydarlingesme »

@drkris69 - thanks for your input. Would you clarify? I always thought grazing was eating a little bit here and there throughout the day Currently, I have a 4-6 hour eating window each day.

Or do you mean I am not eating enough calories in that window? I don't snack. I eat one main meal until sated. Is that grazing to you?

@Newage thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try!

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

No sorry, what I meant by "grazing" is the snacking in between that most people do. Mydarling you have it down by doing the 4 to 6 hr window.

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:10 pm
OMillsPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:21 pm This is awesome to read.  I had the same mindset when the lock down started here for the second time in October.  I'm not down as much as you, only 15 to 20, but going down and feeling better every day.  For me, it has been an hour of walking almost every morning, on an empty stomach.  Only coffee before.  Then not eating till noon.  My goal of weight loss is also tied to chronic elevated blood pressure.  It has been getting better, but some times I check it and it is elevated.  I don't have it consistently low yet.  I'm hoping the weight loss and K2 will help clear out my arteries and make them more flexible.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you!

i hope to hear more about your progress. You have a great start. Have you considered getting a treadmill or an elliptical? I find that getting my heart rate up for at least 15 minutes (i stay on for 40 minutes) not only burns calories but really lifts my spirits. I did not have a blood pressure problem, but i originally had a bad cholesterol and triglycerides problem.

That has now been obliterated.

But the original kickstart to my weight loss began last summer when i went to another province to sell my home there, since i now live with my elderly mother full time. I was required to totally isolate at the house for 2 weeks before I could even show it. So i took the opportunity to do some renovations and even build a deck on the last day. I brought food with me, but i thought i would do a 7 day fast while working, keeping my calories below 750 per day - some days as low as 600 calories. and yes, coffee was my friend. (And NMN of course)

So that shed about 18 or so pounds and got me started and I felt great - sold the house for much more than i planned.

That was crazy, but being isolated, i thought I could focus on doing it, and there was plenty else to distract me. 

Now I fast fairly frequently, skipping 5-10 meals a week and doing a full day fast every 14 days.  I know it is good for me and it is part of the reason for weight loss, but i am not afraid to eat on the food days either.

And I cheat occasionally, bad cheating. I think we need to feast once in a while.

This board loves to hear how we are doing, so I encourage you to go your own way and keep us informed as we move into another summer.

New Life:  I do add in MT Biking, Road Biking and Jogging.  I just sprinkle them in with the walking.  I didn't want to put too much detail in the post.  Today I road biked.  It was beautiful in central Pa and I just felt like riding.  A good day out on the Road Bike. Maybe a bit too much this early in the year, but I made it. NEW RECORDS
Farthest Distance 22.13 mi
Most Calories Burned 1209
Fastest Average Speed 12.76 mi/h
Largest Elevation Climb 1613 ft

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

OMillsPA wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:15 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:10 pm
OMillsPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:21 pm This is awesome to read.  I had the same mindset when the lock down started here for the second time in October.  I'm not down as much as you, only 15 to 20, but going down and feeling better every day.  For me, it has been an hour of walking almost every morning, on an empty stomach.  Only coffee before.  Then not eating till noon.  My goal of weight loss is also tied to chronic elevated blood pressure.  It has been getting better, but some times I check it and it is elevated.  I don't have it consistently low yet.  I'm hoping the weight loss and K2 will help clear out my arteries and make them more flexible.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you!

i hope to hear more about your progress. You have a great start. Have you considered getting a treadmill or an elliptical? I find that getting my heart rate up for at least 15 minutes (i stay on for 40 minutes) not only burns calories but really lifts my spirits. I did not have a blood pressure problem, but i originally had a bad cholesterol and triglycerides problem.

That has now been obliterated.

But the original kickstart to my weight loss began last summer when i went to another province to sell my home there, since i now live with my elderly mother full time. I was required to totally isolate at the house for 2 weeks before I could even show it. So i took the opportunity to do some renovations and even build a deck on the last day. I brought food with me, but i thought i would do a 7 day fast while working, keeping my calories below 750 per day - some days as low as 600 calories. and yes, coffee was my friend. (And NMN of course)

So that shed about 18 or so pounds and got me started and I felt great - sold the house for much more than i planned.

That was crazy, but being isolated, i thought I could focus on doing it, and there was plenty else to distract me. 

Now I fast fairly frequently, skipping 5-10 meals a week and doing a full day fast every 14 days.  I know it is good for me and it is part of the reason for weight loss, but i am not afraid to eat on the food days either.

And I cheat occasionally, bad cheating. I think we need to feast once in a while.

This board loves to hear how we are doing, so I encourage you to go your own way and keep us informed as we move into another summer.

New Life:  I do add in MT Biking, Road Biking and Jogging.  I just sprinkle them in with the walking.  I didn't want to put too much detail in the post.  Today I road biked.  It was beautiful in central Pa and I just felt like riding.  A good day out on the Road Bike. Maybe a bit too much this early in the year, but I made it. NEW RECORDS
Farthest Distance 22.13 mi
Most Calories Burned 1209
Fastest Average Speed 12.76 mi/h
Largest Elevation Climb 1613 ft

Wow. I can't imagine you having any BP issue. Or if you continue this, having it for very long.

I think you are going to reach your weight loss goal as well.

We love details in this forum, btw. :)

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Thanks.  I may have lived a little too hard from 25 to 50.  That's changing now.  Each day seems better.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Just a remarkable milestone NLS.

And if fasting remains part of your approach, this weight should stay off.

Good stuff!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic