ExerciseDown 45 pounds. 8 pounds to go!

NewLifeScience

Down 45 pounds. 8 pounds to go!

Post by NewLifeScience »

After a 6 week plateau, i lost 8 pounds and then another 5 in the last 5 weeks. At 6'1" i am now 190 pounds, Since I have been doing weight training, my weight loss goal has shifted to a slightly higher weight, since lean muscle mass weighs more.

The plan is to go back to the weight i was in high school and finally lose (or shrink) any old adipose tissue. I have a hard time believing that once i have lost 50 pounds, this means i have the same number of fat cells as i started with - but that had often been said.

I learned a lot about fat in my 40s. I know if you have a belly (usually  this is more true for men) you have fat in front and also brown adipose tissue behind your stomach muscles. That is the fat i want to target.

I think all my fasting and the supplements i take as well as the weight training i do will do far more in a body that is low in fat.

The card I have up my sleeve here, is the anti-angiogenic diet. I may go on this diet because i believe it does actually kill fat cells down to our original baseline. So I will do that as a purge.

I would love to stay lean and get more muscular, but this is probably the last time I will put such an effort into this as i have now. I decided early in the pandemic that it would be over a year before things returned to normal  and i was going to at least accomplish this.

So yes, the anti-angiogenic diet will be my summer diet, along with fasting. I am looking forward to a very lean body.

Newage

Re: Down 45 pounds. 8 pounds to go!

Post by Newage »

Good for you NewLifeScience. Results are only as good as the effort put in.
Mindset, Mindset, Mindset.
Thats what it’s all about.
Newage

Post by Newage »

It seems my optimum performance weight is about 160 lbs ( 72.57 kgs )
My best power to weight ratio...give or take a little.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

NewLifeScience wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:47 pm I would love to stay lean and get more muscular, but this is probably the last time I will put such an effort into this as i have now.

Sounds like you need to also be thinking about how to maintain the good levels going forwards. I would be a shame to start letting things slide after the fantastic efforts you have put in over the last year.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

RobSmith wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:09 am
NewLifeScience wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:47 pm I would love to stay lean and get more muscular, but this is probably the last time I will put such an effort into this as i have now.

Sounds like you need to also be thinking about how to maintain the good levels going forwards. I would be a shame to start letting things slide after the fantastic efforts you have put in over the last year.

Well I am running, working out, fasting and taking a wagon load of anti-aging and life-span substances.

I know I will keep up the fasting and supplements and NMN and other ABS products. But one isn't always as motivated to work out and run, sometimes like gets in the way... but the bowflex is really easy and quick to use...

I do intend to, well not bulk up like a body builder, but i would like to get a good build.

Since my body has been getting younger, I am happy to look younger as well.
mydarlingesme

Post by mydarlingesme »

@NewLifeScience Wow, congratulations! Which of your supplements are specifically targeted toward weight loss? (Eager to learn on this topic!) I recently read about AMPK Metabolic Activator which, supposedly specifically targets abdominal fat. With your goals, have you tried that?
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

This is awesome to read.  I had the same mindset when the lock down started here for the second time in October.  I'm not down as much as you, only 15 to 20, but going down and feeling better every day.  For me, it has been an hour of walking almost every morning, on an empty stomach.  Only coffee before.  Then not eating till noon.  My goal of weight loss is also tied to chronic elevated blood pressure.  It has been getting better, but some times I check it and it is elevated.  I don't have it consistently low yet.  I'm hoping the weight loss and K2 will help clear out my arteries and make them more flexible.  Keep us posted on your progress.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

OMillsPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:21 pm This is awesome to read.  I had the same mindset when the lock down started here for the second time in October.  I'm not down as much as you, only 15 to 20, but going down and feeling better every day.  For me, it has been an hour of walking almost every morning, on an empty stomach.  Only coffee before.  Then not eating till noon.  My goal of weight loss is also tied to chronic elevated blood pressure.  It has been getting better, but some times I check it and it is elevated.  I don't have it consistently low yet.  I'm hoping the weight loss and K2 will help clear out my arteries and make them more flexible.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you!

i hope to hear more about your progress. You have a great start. Have you considered getting a treadmill or an elliptical? I find that getting my heart rate up for at least 15 minutes (i stay on for 40 minutes) not only burns calories but really lifts my spirits. I did not have a blood pressure problem, but i originally had a bad cholesterol and triglycerides problem.

That has now been obliterated.

But the original kickstart to my weight loss began last summer when i went to another province to sell my home there, since i now live with my elderly mother full time. I was required to totally isolate at the house for 2 weeks before I could even show it. So i took the opportunity to do some renovations and even build a deck on the last day. I brought food with me, but i thought i would do a 7 day fast while working, keeping my calories below 750 per day - some days as low as 600 calories. and yes, coffee was my friend. (And NMN of course)

So that shed about 18 or so pounds and got me started and I felt great - sold the house for much more than i planned.

That was crazy, but being isolated, i thought I could focus on doing it, and there was plenty else to distract me. 

Now I fast fairly frequently, skipping 5-10 meals a week and doing a full day fast every 14 days.  I know it is good for me and it is part of the reason for weight loss, but i am not afraid to eat on the food days either.

And I cheat occasionally, bad cheating. I think we need to feast once in a while.

This board loves to hear how we are doing, so I encourage you to go your own way and keep us informed as we move into another summer.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:10 pm And I cheat occasionally, bad cheating. I think we need to feast once in a while.

As my grandmother always said, "a little of what you fancy does you good". 
Emphasis on the "little" equating to "once in a while".

Anyway, next time, enjoy - you've earned it.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes I agree fully, we are all human and require alittle indulgence every now and then. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic