NutritionCurcumin: The best anti-inflammatory?

Newage

Re: Curcumin: The best anti-inflammatory?

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:42 pm So basically Curcumin or any powerful anti-inflammatory would be safe when moderate daily doses are taken.

I would assume a single tablet would fit that criteria.

Many here are on record about the dangers of chronic inflammation to tissues, the body, mind and the risk for cancer and i think it is very wise to take something like Curcumin daily.

I don't know if it is the best, but it has been shown to be effective and safe.
I’m not sure of it’s available in the States or Canada but the Australian product “Turmerix” is the best that I have found.
I have been using it for well over 12 months now and it is a great combination formula using the highest quality ingredients.
Check it out online....

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

It's great that we are talking about anti-inflammatories, especially organic or dietary types.

I think a lay-user can put together a fantastic healthspan and lifespan regimen mostly just from participating in these forums.

I agree that preventing or addressing inflammation is as important as raising NAD+ levels and avoiding sugar.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

This wasn't something i thought much about until now. But yes, inflammation is very bad for us.

I have actually just ordered Curcumin from amazon..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

NewLifeScience wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:53 am It's great that we are talking about anti-inflammatories, especially organic or dietary types.

I think a lay-user can put together a fantastic healthspan and lifespan regimen mostly just from participating in these forums.

I agree that preventing or addressing inflammation is as important as raising NAD+ levels and avoiding sugar.
Here is a great article that might help:

Brain Behav Immun. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2015 Mar 16.
Published in final edited form as:
Brain Behav Immun. 2015 Mar; 45: 13–14.
Published online 2014 Oct 29. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2014.10.012
PMCID: PMC4361086
NIHMSID: NIHMS669622
PMID: 25449576
Understanding inflammation, its regulation, and relevance for health: A top scientific and public priority
George M. Slavich*

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4361086/
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

smokinjoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:54 pm Just a general question for this well informed forum...

Is Curcumin one of the best anti-inflammatory additives you can get?

What would be the best source? Curry? or is it yet another supplement to take in capsule form?
I have some Curcumin i got from Amazon (renew Actives) as i am sure it is as good a senolytic as an anti-inflammatory. A perfect 2-in-1!
Newage

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:04 pm This wasn't something i thought much about until now. But yes, inflammation is very bad for us.

I have actually just ordered Curcumin from amazon..
[/quote

Check out Australian product..Turmerix
CeeJayBee. I use it daily and it is a great combination. The best that I have found.
A high percentage of the active ingredient with a heap of other beneficial supplements added..
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Omega 3 fatty acids and compounds found in leafy greens also act to reduce inflammation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257651/

Even oleic acid (found in Olive oil) has similar properties...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2316553 ... t%20cells.

So it is possible to stack your diet to fight inflammation on many fronts.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

No surprise that the list of 'inflammatory" foods include sugar, refines foods, trans-fats.

essentially things that are not good for you, are NOT good for you for many reasons.
Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 am No surprise that the list of 'inflammatory" foods include sugar, refines foods, trans-fats.

essentially things that are not good for you, are NOT good for you for many reasons.
Inflammation,Inflammation, Inflammation..
Reduce it and a lot of other diseases disappear also.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

The American diet unfortunately is loaded with these "inflammatory" sources. Thats why I spent alot of time prepping my own meals so that I know what Im eating at all times. It can be alot of work.....but worth it. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic