NutritionCurcumin: The best anti-inflammatory?

Drdavid

Re: Curcumin: The best anti-inflammatory?

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 am No surprise that the list of 'inflammatory" foods include sugar, refines foods, trans-fats.

essentially things that are not good for you, are NOT good for you for many reasons.
Don't forget the nightshades. Very inflammatory little plants!

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Drdavid wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 am No surprise that the list of 'inflammatory" foods include sugar, refines foods, trans-fats.

essentially things that are not good for you, are NOT good for you for many reasons.
Nightshades? So raw tomatoes?

I think they are good for lycopenes. What is the concern?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 pm
Drdavid wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Nightshades? So raw tomatoes?

I think they are good for lycopenes. What is the concern?
It has been proposed that foods influence inflammation indirectly via the gastrointestinal microbiota leading to a specific inflammatory profile and (or) changes in gut permeability due to hypersensitivity responses to different foods affecting the cytokine production. The most common of these foods are citrus and nightshade vegetables, which are thought to generate sensitivities in large proportions of the population.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I was just commenting about fisetin. It seems to have the best reputation as the strongest senolytic.

Curcumin may be up there also and since it is more accessible (turmeric and curry are right there at the grocery store), plus the fact that it is also a serious anti-inflammatory definitely move it up the chart.

I am currently taking Liposomal Resveratrol and Curcumin. I think combined with the SL NMN tablets i am surfing the bleeding edge of anti-aging. I am also doing cardio (lots of extra time these days) and fasting.

I am getting younger looking.. part of that due to getting a nice even tan, losing ten pounds and just feeling fresh from exercising.

So in addition to the Liposomal Resveratrol and Curcumin, i intend to share the LS Fisetin with my mom and dad.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

For those who don't use the Liposomal route but prefer powder, do note that like resveratrol, curcumin is lipophilic i.e. it absorbs much better into the body through the gut when combined with a fat or oil. 

Also, this study might be of interest...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articl ... m-cancerOn one gene in particular, the researchers at UCL saw a dramatic change, and this gene (known as SLC6A15) is associated with risks of depression and anxiety, asthma and eczema, and cancer.Image
DNA methylation analysis The activity of the SLC6A15 gene was being changed. It’s too early to tell whether the impact is a positive or negative one – but given that turmeric has been associated with improving these conditions, it is likely that these changes are beneficial. 
TomSantiago

Post by TomSantiago »

Taking 1000 mg of curcumin per day helped with the pain in the lower leg and hip at a level I did not even expect, to be honest. The first week I took herbal extract  as recommended, and now I have doubled this amount due to its possible anti-cancer properties (I have risks)

Last edited by TomSantiago on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

TomSantiago wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:41 am Taking 1000 mg of curcumin per day helped with the pain in the lower leg and hip at a level I did not even expect, to be honest. The first week I took herbal extract  as recommended, and now I have doubled this amount due to its possible anti-cancer properties (I have risks)

I think curcumin is very amazing. I am pretty sure it is a SIRT activator as well. I recently discovered that the trans-resveratrol i take is probably useless. I was watching the Dr. Sinclain video with Dr. Rhonda Patrick and he went into detail about keeping it in a dark place, and ensuring it doesn't turn brown, since it is deactivated when brown. ALL of the resveratrol products I had been using up to now was very brown EXCEPT the LSG preparation from ABS.

But correct me if i am wrong, Curcumin may very well be enough.
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

Wow. I looked it up and Curcumin is considered a senolytic (like quercitin, fisetin), a type of SIRT 1 activator and an anti-inflammatory.

I am going to get ABS Resveratrol formula and take curcumin with yoghurt.

I am starting to feel like i am getting an extremely powerful set of tools for longevity and health. 

This forum is a goldmine!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

It really is! I feel blessed to be here. The only problem with this forum is my list of supplements keeps getting bigger and bigger! :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:05 pm It really is! I feel blessed to be here. The only problem with this forum is my list of supplements keeps getting bigger and bigger! :D

I’m hearing you drkris69.
My pantry and refrigerator looks like a section of a pharmacy warehouse. lol
The up side is that’s there’s no room to store the occasional beer...for when the football is on. 😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic