NutritionLongevity recipes

NewLifeScience

Re: Longevity recipes

Post by NewLifeScience »

RobSmith wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 am I used to do the basic mix for resveratrol of olive oil and a bit of Greek fatty yoghurt. 
Then when I found out turmeric was lipophilic I added that into the mix with a bit of black pepper for good measure. 
Now I've started "shrooming" and decided to add the mushroom powder into the mix - looks rather unpleasant (especially according to my kids where the first word is "disgusting') but actually tastes quite pleasant to me. 
Now I'm starting on Gotu Kola powder (which appears tasteless) and adding this in as well. Looks even worse but still tasted ok.
(Obviously upping the olive oil and yoghurt level to take it all).

Give it a try for all these good things in one go.

Hi Rob,
With your shrooming, are you taking Ganoderma lucidum (reishi)?

I have learned nothing but very positive things about it and take it each morning. I also give it to my elderly mother, along with Lion's Mane for her memory.

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

NewLifeScience wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:01 pm
RobSmith wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 am I used to do the basic mix for resveratrol of olive oil and a bit of Greek fatty yoghurt. 
Then when I found out turmeric was lipophilic I added that into the mix with a bit of black pepper for good measure. 
Now I've started "shrooming" and decided to add the mushroom powder into the mix - looks rather unpleasant (especially according to my kids where the first word is "disgusting') but actually tastes quite pleasant to me. 
Now I'm starting on Gotu Kola powder (which appears tasteless) and adding this in as well. Looks even worse but still tasted ok.
(Obviously upping the olive oil and yoghurt level to take it all).

Give it a try for all these good things in one go.

Hi Rob,
With your shrooming, are you taking Ganoderma lucidum (reishi)?

I have learned nothing but very positive things about it and take it each morning. I also give it to my elderly mother, along with Lion's Mane for her memory.

Hi NLS
My shrooming is with a combination of reishi, shiitake and maitake, which is all in one powdered mix. 

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

It is a good feeling knowing we are moving back the needle on time with our Supplements, esp NMN, our exercise and our diets.

It reassures me I am doing a full body therapy.
thomasdmd

Post by thomasdmd »

Great topic. In addition to the Blue Zones, I also read "The Grain Brain" , "The Wahls Protocol", and "A Case Against Sugar".
The common theme was, "processed foods, added sugars, and gluten were bad" and "whole foods (including healthy fats) are good.
Some also question dairy and nightshade vegetables, but I can only give up so much.
I would say my diet now is a cross between Paleo and Mediterranean. I was amazed my IBS went away after 30 some years.

Newage

Post by Newage »

thomasdmd wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:29 pm Great topic. In addition to the Blue Zones, I also read "The Grain Brain" , "The Wahls Protocol", and "A Case Against Sugar".
The common theme was, "processed foods, added sugars, and gluten were bad" and "whole foods (including healthy fats) are good.
Some also question dairy and nightshade vegetables, but I can only give up so much.
I would say my diet now is a cross between Paleo and Mediterranean. I was amazed my IBS went away after 30 some years.

Yes, “we are what we eat” very true words..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic