NutritionI almost forgot about veggies

NewLifeScience

I almost forgot about veggies

Post by NewLifeScience »

I have been fasting and taking all these supplements and this summer i felt and looked so vital.. but once the sun toned colour left, i think i feel i am a bit pallid or something.

I have been running and working out and now have remembered to have my bright veggies, peppers, broccoli, carrots... etc.

I think soups and stews are due as well.

OzSport

Re: I almost forgot about veggies

Post by OzSport »

You got it, NewLifeScience!

Check out this article that talks about getting a healthy glow from eating fruits and vegetables:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... arotenoids.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I agree it can be distracting... fasting, all these supplements and maybe we are skipping suppers, which can often be the most vitamin-loaded meal of the day.

I have my bags of frozen "asian veggies" which normally would go great in a stir-fry. I heat up a small bowl of veggies in the microwave on days i am not eating... they represent so few calories but good vitamins, fiber, etc.
Newage

Post by Newage »

ChrisBON wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm I agree it can be distracting... fasting, all these supplements and maybe we are skipping suppers, which can often be the most vitamin-loaded meal of the day.

I have my bags of frozen "asian veggies" which normally would go great in a stir-fry. I heat up a small bowl of veggies in the microwave on days i am not eating... they represent so few calories but good vitamins, fiber, etc.

A good way to fill in the gaps around intermittent fasting.
I do the same with broccoli and other veggies.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Good point!

All these supplements are amazing, but we still need our veggies.

Even on fast days I try to have a few pieces of bell pepper.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think i have been fasting as a way to keep the 25 pounds I lost off. But if I keep running on my treadmill and using my bowflex and punching and kicking bag - i should be able to reduce the fasting to a few meals per week.

Bell peppers are my go to, as well as green peas and broccoli. I will try to get carrots back in as well.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I agree broccoli and carrots are my go to in between the fasting hours! Im finally down to the weight I was trying to accomplish. 248 down to 200!!! :D

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I am inspired to start using our treadmill, or even the elliptical. it's just getting started that i have to overcome.

I have lost around 15 pounds in the last 2 year. I think i crave crappy food less and i do intermittent fasting. And, yes I could afford the loss, and then some. :)
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Veggie smoothies.

Cook the ones that need to be cooked, cold wash the ones that don't..

no more than 50% sugary fruits and berries
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

ChrisBON wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:42 pm Veggie smoothies.

Cook the ones that need to be cooked, cold wash the ones that don't..

no more than 50% sugary fruits and berries

So i think the veggies that should be cooked:
- carrots
- broccoli
- brussel sprouts
- cabbage
- cauliflower
any roots.

although raw beet juice is a really good tonic and a proven vasodilator, for when you want, you know, dilated vasos!!

and the dark leafy things like kale, spinach, any dark green or dark coloured leafs.

I've read about raw parsley and its fat busting qualities.

Just typing about this stuff makes me want to get a nice smoothie going.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic