NutritionAntiangiogenesis for fat removal and cancer prevention

canadahealthy

Antiangiogenesis for fat removal and cancer prevention

Post by canadahealthy »

I tried the anti-angiogenesis diet about a decade ago after an injury left me temporarily unable to exercise. I was overweight at the time, so it was a perfect little experiment. I followed the food diet very precisely and lost 35 pounds in 5 months.

There is some research about using the process (reversing new capillary growth) to fight existing tumours or cancer but even the originator of the idea dr. William Li, promoted it as a preventative, not a therapy.

The anti-angiogenic diet doesn't destroy all capillaries, it inhibits new growth and tends to restore the number of capillaries back to your bodies 'baseline'. So it differentiates between new growth and existing capillaries.

Since fat is fed by capillaries, the removal of these capillaries will starve the fat cells, and you will lose fat - that is the general idea.

Here is Dr. William Li's Ted Talk:
https://www.ted.com/talks/william_li_ca ... rve_cancer

Here is his list of foods that he says inhibit or reverse new capillary growth:

NewLifeScience

Re: Antiangiogenesis for fat removal and cancer prevention

Post by NewLifeScience »

I remember watching this Ted Talk, they could literally turn the fat cell baseline on and off for the mice... and it would predictably get fat, then skinny...

So these foods contain the stuff to trigger the switches.

I have been saying for several years after watching 2 loved ones suddenly get and rather quickly succumb to cancer that the best approach is to assume you have it or are getting it and to fight like hell to repel it.

So the foods triggering anti-angiogenesis are also extremely healthy foods. While you are losing fat, you are fighting a number of cancers.

Personally i think this  combination of fruits, berries, nuts, oils and vegetables goes great with the supplements to make a near perfect diet - boosting longevity even more through the combined synergy of so many anti-aging, anti=inflammatory, anti-fat, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer food and supplements.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:28 am I tried the anti-angiogenesis diet about a decade ago after an injury left me temporarily unable to exercise. I was overweight at the time, so it was a perfect little experiment. I followed the food diet very precisely and lost 35 pounds in 5 months.

There is some research about using the process (reversing new capillary growth) to fight existing tumours or cancer but even the originator of the idea dr. William Li, promoted it as a preventative, not a therapy.

The anti-angiogenic diet doesn't destroy all capillaries, it inhibits new growth and tends to restore the number of capillaries back to your bodies 'baseline'. So it differentiates between new growth and existing capillaries.

Since fat is fed by capillaries, the removal of these capillaries will starve the fat cells, and you will lose fat - that is the general idea.

Here is Dr. William Li's Ted Talk:
https://www.ted.com/talks/william_li_ca ... rve_cancer

Here is his list of foods that he says inhibit or reverse new capillary growth:

Great, I love eating all the above!.....Yum...

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

This is genius. A doable, affordable (and healthy in its own right) way to effect dramatic change in your body.

I hadn't heard of this.

Great find!
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

jessicaP wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:09 pm This is genius. A doable, affordable (and healthy in its own right) way to effect dramatic change in your body.

I hadn't heard of this.

Great find!

It is genius, just simply eat these foods, who does not love good food, Cacao in all forms is my favorite super food :)  I have been following Dr Li and the Angiogenesis Foundation since that Ted presentation I first saw in 2011, has a book, there is a community site
https://eattobeat.org/

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Yes, this sounds like early biohacking. 

I guess this whole industry of biohacks started with the mapping of our genome.

I like this idea of prevention. And being able to destroy fat cells, and even some cancer cells.

But I agree we should essentially live our lives working to actively prevent potential cancer.
rhett

Post by rhett »

This is very interesting. It's hard to square this with the many problems that often come with age associated with poor circulation and perfusion. Many cognitive and muscular issues come from declining bloodflow. It would be interesting to see if these or other compounds help restore / maintain functionality of existing vessels while limiting new growth.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

rhett wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:33 pm This is very interesting. It's hard to square this with the many problems that often come with age associated with poor circulation and perfusion. Many cognitive and muscular issues come from declining bloodflow. It would be interesting to see if these or other compounds help restore / maintain functionality of existing vessels while limiting new growth.

I would say Yes - the compounds found in key food do help restore / maintain functionality of existing vessels while limiting new growth. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhJZcKFfu_c , a lot of content that he blast through so I had to pause on some of the slides. I like the comparison of medical drugs vs common foods at 17min and 30sec. 

rhett

Post by rhett »

I am curious if that is actually the real mechanism? If existing vessels are working well, fewer angiogenic factors are released due to reduced blood supply. 
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

rhett wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:33 pm This is very interesting. It's hard to square this with the many problems that often come with age associated with poor circulation and perfusion. Many cognitive and muscular issues come from declining bloodflow. It would be interesting to see if these or other compounds help restore / maintain functionality of existing vessels while limiting new growth.

Hi rhett,
From watching Dr. Li's presentation, there was no threat to the baseline vascular network. So the veins and capillaries that weren't feeding fat or tumors would be protected and maintained by this diet.

So regardless of the name of the processes involved, it maintains, protects and invigorates the capillary network. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic