Nutrition(newcomer) Best full fat yogurt for NMN/Res absoprtion ?

TryingToLiveLonger

(newcomer) Best full fat yogurt for NMN/Res absoprtion ?

Post by TryingToLiveLonger »

Hi all, in a few days I will be starting my first cycle of NMN 1000 mg / Resveratrol 1000 mg / Berberine / TMG every day early in the morning. I am not entirely show what the best yogurt I would need to take this with as I read that David S. uses yogurt for absorption qualities. I really only have a wal mart supercenter close by so my options are limited. Does anyone with experience have a particular name brand I can shoot for in so far as yogurt ? I know it only takes a scoop (not sure how large that portion scoop should be) but theres so many yogurts and I have no idea if they are full fat or non fat... Any help would be appreciated thank you.

RobSmith

Re: (newcomer) Best full fat yogurt for NMN/Res absoprtion ?

Post by RobSmith »

If you are taking the LIPO versions you don't need any yogurt. 
(David Sinclair wasn't taking LIPO versions)
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Hi, also would not be starting with 1000mg, slow it up to get your body used to it. I normally suggest .25 to .5mg max to start for week 1 depending on body weight and build it up from there - big dependency on type of NMN / resveratrol as well i.e. lipsomol (like ABS LIPO), powder in capsule, sublingual??

Also take 1-2 days off per week to give your systems a break. 

Oh and "any fat" from what I understand, from a health standpoint Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the best. Yogurt is the David Sinclair classic, he makes his own but if you go for just plain standard Greek yogurt you will be fine. Lot's of other healthy fats so for me it depends what I doing that day.
MJClark

Post by MJClark »

TryingToLiveLonger wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:23 pm Hi all, in a few days I will be starting my first cycle of NMN 1000 mg / Resveratrol 1000 mg / Berberine / TMG every day early in the morning. I am not entirely show what the best yogurt I would need to take this with as I read that David S. uses yogurt for absorption qualities. I really only have a wal mart supercenter close by so my options are limited. Does anyone with experience have a particular name brand I can shoot for in so far as yogurt ? I know it only takes a scoop (not sure how large that portion scoop should be) but theres so many yogurts and I have no idea if they are full fat or non fat... Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Personally, I crack open the plastic capsules and mix the RV with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Then I chase it with 4oz or so of water that I dissolve the NMN in. 
If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yes, any fats will do (cottage cheese, olive oil). And Olive oil is extremely healthy to consume on its own, so it is likely your best choice.

I also agree with BoxCost in that you should start with a lower amount, perhaps 250mg and work your way up in 250mg increments. And you may want to avoid taking any after dinner as it can affect sleep.

If I was taking 1000mg per day via powder, I would likely take it in 2-3 sessions. spacing it out over the morning and early afternoon to have lower spikes and longer absorption duration - but that is just my preference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic