NutritionSugar substitutes

canadahealthy

Re: Sugar substitutes

Post by canadahealthy »

I tried a coffee with splenda. One pack was about equal to the sugar I take.

It's not perfect, but i could get used to it.

Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:16 pm I tried a coffee with splenda. One pack was about equal to the sugar I take.

It's not perfect, but i could get used to it.

Without the “sugar spike” and the possible long term detrimental effects.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Actually I need to revisit the whole sugar thing. 

First, I need to get more Berberine. Then i need to look at my sweet intake. It's my one weakness and I know it is bad, I consume about 1/4 of the sweets i used to 2 years ago.. but i think i need to get rid of them altogether.

for me, the self control is in the shopping aisle, not at home.

My mother likes to have the odd treat. I think I am going to just get enough for her. 

I am doing everything else right.. I should do this as well.
Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:00 pm Actually I need to revisit the whole sugar thing. 

First, I need to get more Berberine. Then i need to look at my sweet intake. It's my one weakness and I know it is bad, I consume about 1/4 of the sweets i used to 2 years ago.. but i think i need to get rid of them altogether.

for me, the self control is in the shopping aisle, not at home.

My mother likes to have the odd treat. I think I am going to just get enough for her. 

I am doing everything else right.. I should do this as well.

Problem being canadahealthy in most cases “if they are in the pantry then they will find their way into the mouth”  :o
 The best scenario is that they never leave the Supermarket Shelves..    
Willpower and abstinence is really tested at 8 or 9pm when comfortable in front of the TV… it’s far harder to drive to the Supermarket then as opposed to walk to the pantry..

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

That is true, leave it on the shelves. :D

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:18 am That is true, leave it on the shelves. :D

I blame my kids. :)
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

jessicaP wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:20 am
drkris69 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:18 am That is true, leave it on the shelves. :D

I blame my kids. :)

I hear ya. Having it in the house, even if for someone else is a huge temptation.

I usually reach for sweets when i feel stressed. I don't find crunching a carrot does me much good.

But in the last few weeks I have been running right before lunch. That usually sweeps the stress hormonal artifacts out of my blood stream and i have a feeling of contentment. Then the cravings are often gone for the day.

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

I have heard horror stories about aspartame,but only in an anecdotal sense.

I do know this, i know a lot of very large (obese people) who drink lots of diet coke with aspartame. So it must interact with insulin in a negative way just like sugar.

Sacharin also has a reputation as being carcinogenic.

For that reason I wouldn't use either as substitute.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes stay away from the diet sodas. They are poison! Drink good ole fashion H2O. Filtered of course! ;)

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:00 am Yes stay away from the diet sodas. They are poison! Drink good ole fashion H2O. Filtered of course! ;)

Nothing re-hydrate’s the body like H2O. For a bit of flavour throw in a slice of 🍋

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic