NutritionSugar substitutes

drkris69

Re: Sugar substitutes

Post by drkris69 »

Yep, I mix a half lemon with water 2 to 3x per day. Drinking this with your meal will decrease the Insulin spike. ;)

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:17 am Yep, I mix a half lemon with water 2 to 3x per day. Drinking this with your meal will decrease the Insulin spike. ;)

Also helps the body with retaining correct PH levels as opposed to acidic..

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I have cut my sugar down by over 95% in the last 2 years...

But even cookies and muffins... they are just bad! I have ordered Berberine and whenever i can't fight off the temptation i will use it.

Does anyone know when it is best to take it, when you are going to have something very sugary?

Before / with / after? All 3?

I would appreciate any input.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

canadahealthy wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:40 am I have cut my sugar down by over 95% in the last 2 years...

But even cookies and muffins... they are just bad! I have ordered Berberine and whenever i can't fight off the temptation i will use it.

Does anyone know when it is best to take it, when you are going to have something very sugary?

Before / with / after? All 3?

I would appreciate any input.

Honestly, I would take it right before or with the sugary food, or as soon as you can thereafter.

I am really trying to just stop sugar. I remember a bunch of us talking a couple years ago - it is just evil. Like I used to open a box of OREA cookies and have 5-6 at a time. Now I don't even want them in my house. I am lucky i didn't gert diabetes in my 20s or early 30s... I did switch to diet drinks - which are also evil but better than regular Coke or Pepsi.

Now it's fuzzy water with Soda Stream. Worse thing i'll get is burps! :)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Ahh fuzzy water, that's what Jordan Peterson uses to keep his lean figure.

Yes people don't realize that candy, bars, muffins, cake - and soft drinks are making us sick with diabetes and probably avoidable illnesses.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I would take it on the days that you have a high carb meal. If you are eating more than 100g of carbs daily then I would take it daily.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

NewLifeScience wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:29 pm Ahh fuzzy water, that's what Jordan Peterson uses to keep his lean figure.

Yes people don't realize that candy, bars, muffins, cake - and soft drinks are making us sick with diabetes and probably avoidable illnesses.

SodaStream, can't beleive i was practically addicted to it, kinda like poor man's mineral water.

I am trying it again with a pinch of lemon juice. I have to get over the sweet tooth. 
Anything is better than sugar or simple carbs.
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I eat more sweets when I'm stressed. I need a better go to for stress, since not having stress is not very likely. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic