NutritionOleic Acid as a Sirtuin Activator and why Canola oil may be best

canadahealthy

Re: Oleic Acid as a Sirtuin Activator and why Canola oil may be best

Post by canadahealthy »

It's from processing. That is why i like this group. Everyone knows something imprtant.

I am glad to hear about the value of Oleic Acid, and my choice is Avocado Oil.

rdm

Post by rdm »

just started taking nmn this past week and have been taking a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil, iv been looking into this for a few days since i read something that mentioned the issue with real olive oil. there are a bunch of lists floating around that several groups maintain about what has been tested to be real or verified.  like previously mentioned the California ranch one pops up a lot, along with the Kirkland extra virgin oil.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

It gets worse, i bought Avocado oil today... rancid.

Of course i am taking it back... but this is ridiculous. Maybe try to get pure Oleic Acid..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

rdm wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:18 am just started taking nmn this past week and have been taking a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil, iv been looking into this for a few days since i read something that mentioned the issue with real olive oil. there are a bunch of lists floating around that several groups maintain about what has been tested to be real or verified.  like previously mentioned the California ranch one pops up a lot, along with the Kirkland extra virgin oil.

I personally use Olive oil for getting Oleic Acid. Things to look for when purchasing extra virgin olive oil;
1. Look for a crush date or harvest date. (very important)
2. The bottle needs to be dark glass or in a can. (no plastic or clear bottle)

If you dont have these few things with the olive oil you are looking to purchase then dont buy it!

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

drkris69 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:16 am
rdm wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:18 am just started taking nmn this past week and have been taking a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil, iv been looking into this for a few days since i read something that mentioned the issue with real olive oil. there are a bunch of lists floating around that several groups maintain about what has been tested to be real or verified.  like previously mentioned the California ranch one pops up a lot, along with the Kirkland extra virgin oil.

I personally use Olive oil for getting Oleic Acid. Things to look for when purchasing extra virgin olive oil;
1. Look for a crush date or harvest date. (very important)
2. The bottle needs to be dark glass or in a can. (no plastic or clear bottle)

If you dont have these few things with the olive oil you are looking to purchase then dont buy it!

It does look like we've come full circle on this. There are trust organizations like NAOOA which certify the quality so i would add this as well.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

I just take Omega 3  / 6  /  9
99 is Oleic acid, they are all good for me, so i take two most days.

Olive Oil, Avacado Oil - the ones I bought taste like shiat. Sunflower Oil tastes ok, but apparently it's cooked.

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I tasted our olive oil and it's awful. I can't tell if it is bad, I would have thought it would taste rather sweet.

i like the idea of just taking a capsule.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Just so you know, I taste olive oil all the time and it should have a mild taste but give you alittle burn in the back of your throat when you swallow it. Thats good Olive oil....Stay away from seed oils by all means! ;)

TedB

Post by TedB »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:04 am Just so you know, I taste olive oil all the time and it should have a mild taste but give you alittle burn in the back of your throat when you swallow it. Thats good Olive oil....Stay away from seed oils by all means! ;)

Hmm i wish i could offer you a taste of mine. It is actually bitter.

I think I want to take Oleic acid, and i think the safest is as the Omega 9 supplement.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

JanCOhio wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:26 pm I tasted our olive oil and it's awful. I can't tell if it is bad, I would have thought it would taste rather sweet.

i like the idea of just taking a capsule.

The more peppery/bitter the taste with hot/burning sensation on the back of the throat, the more polyphenols and better it is for you.

The best medicine is the hardest to swallow!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic