NutritionNMN gummy bears

thuyrosano

NMN gummy bears

Post by thuyrosano »

Has anyone ever tried making gummy bears with NMN powder added in?  The sublingual/fast dissolve NMN I purchased dissolves really fast for me because of the tart flavor.  I thought that if I mix them into my home-made gummy bear that I could then have them dissolve slower and get more sublingual NMN absorption.  But a concern I have is would the heat of the warm gelatin or the liquid somehow damage the NMN?

jocko6889

Re: NMN gummy bears

Post by jocko6889 »

thuyrosano wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:20 pm Has anyone ever tried making gummy bears with NMN powder added in?  The sublingual/fast dissolve NMN I purchased dissolves really fast for me because of the tart flavor.  I thought that if I mix them into my home-made gummy bear that I could then have them dissolve slower and get more sublingual NMN absorption.  But a concern I have is would the heat of the warm gelatin or the liquid somehow damage the NMN?

It's a good idea and we've kicked it around.  Not many pharma manufacturers make gummies but more are starting to crop up, so we've been looking into it for the reason many older people have trouble swallowing capsules.  

TedB

Post by TedB »

thuyrosano wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:20 pm Has anyone ever tried making gummy bears with NMN powder added in?  The sublingual/fast dissolve NMN I purchased dissolves really fast for me because of the tart flavor.  I thought that if I mix them into my home-made gummy bear that I could then have them dissolve slower and get more sublingual NMN absorption.  But a concern I have is would the heat of the warm gelatin or the liquid somehow damage the NMN?

I would only do it if the NMN was liposomal and retained that state after the gummies are done.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

TedB wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:45 pm

I would only do it if the NMN was liposomal and retained that state after the gummies are done.

I agree, I prefer LIPO NMN capsules or the Gel. I don't consider it a treat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic