FastingThe Best intermittent fasting reviewing article

AlbertY

The Best intermittent fasting reviewing article

Post by AlbertY »

Hi everyone, I just want to share a recent review paper: Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Health, Aging, and Disease. I heard of this review from an aging conference at Harvard months ago, and it is finally online recently. I'm really excited to finally be able to read it and I have to say it is the best review paper on intermittent fasting. And I really recommend you read it if you are interested in understanding or performing IF (it gave recommendations on how to practice IF).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1905136

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Fred

Re: The Best intermittent fasting reviewing article

Post by Fred »

Thank you AlbertY!

Great paper. Reading it now with a hot mug of instant espresso (yes, instant coffee contains more beneficial polyphenols than fresh coffee. Instant is more concentrated in caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid for example).

The neuroscientist Mark Mattsson, Dr Satchin Panda at the Salk Institute and Professor Valter Longo are the three researchers I always read when it comes to periodic fasting/circadian nutrition.
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

Fred wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:30 am Thank you AlbertY!

Great paper. Reading it now with a hot mug of instant espresso (yes, instant coffee contains more beneficial polyphenols than fresh coffee. Instant is more concentrated in caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid for example).

The neuroscientist Mark Mattsson, Dr Satchin Panda at the Salk Institute and Professor Valter Longo are the three researchers I always read when it comes to periodic fasting/circadian nutrition.
Wow, good to know that! It could free me from making coffee from beans every morning. Thank you Fred for always offering nutritional insight.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Fred

Post by Fred »

No prob AlbertY, I´m always looking forward to your posts.
kevinNix

Post by kevinNix »

It's really great paper! Thanks for reading!
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

AlbertY wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:44 am Hi everyone, I just want to share a recent review paper: Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Health, Aging, and Disease. I heard of this review from an aging conference at Harvard months ago, and it is finally online recently. I'm really excited to finally be able to read it and I have to say it is the best review paper on intermittent fasting. And I really recommend you read it if you are interested in understanding or performing IF (it gave recommendations on how to practice IF).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1905136

This is really fascinating. There are less intimidating ways to fast too.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I do the 18 to 20 hr fast 3 to 4 days per week. The other days I dont go crazy and eat whatever I want but eat along the lines of Keto. Its made a big difference staying on the lean side. Im 6' 1" 205 and want to stay at me fighting weight! ;)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well I finally reached my 'base' weight. The weight I was in high school. Not that I look exactly like i did.. but my face looks much younger.

So with training and diet and lighter fasting... i am hoping to build up to around 205-210 with muscle. And it is going to take some time. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic