Healthy Aging News and ResearchWill 2020 be the Year Anti-aging Science Goes Mainstream?

jocko6889

Will 2020 be the Year Anti-aging Science Goes Mainstream?

Post by jocko6889 »

The field of anti-aging is starting to breakout and go mainstream. The recent George Church interview on CBS 60 Minutes shocked many people and started to draw more attention to the field.

Now the momentum continues with a famous politician, Newt Gingrich featuring David Sinclair in his podcast yesterday. Although retired, Gingrich, former Speaker of the House remains extremely influential in Washington political circles. He acknowledged the need to get the FDA to declare aging a disease, which would finally open the floodgates to federal funding of anti-aging research.

Are we finally reaching a tipping point where the public finally catches up with the huge advances in anti-aging? I think 2020 will be remembered as the breakout year when the field of anti-aging finally goes mainstream.

Newt’s World Ep 51: An End to Aging?

In his podcast yesterday Newt Gingrich interviews Dr. David Sinclair and Dr. Nir Barzilai, who is the director of the Institute for Aging Research at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

9:40 - Sinclair is working on the best approach to reset age. Currently working on a molecule or drug that would reset the epigenome to a younger age rather than the approach recently used in Sinclair's lab, whereby they reset the epigenome using Yamanaka genes in an empty virus shell. A drug would be more universal, affecting every cell in the body and would obviously be far easier to administer.

https://www.gingrich360.com/2020/01/new ... antiaging/

Drdavid

Re: Will 2020 be the Year Anti-aging Science Goes Mainstream?

Post by Drdavid »

We can hope that the public is ready to accept this new science. I think we will see many of the skin care companies adopt many of these molecules into their lines. This will probably be the initial step into the market because it provides easy access and it has already been penetrated. Costs would be low and advertising easy. It should be an exciting new year.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Exciting stuff and in this new decade we will achieve anti-aging at the cellular level and be able to reverse aging.
Fred

Post by Fred »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:36 pm Newt’s World Ep 51: An End to Aging?

In his podcast yesterday Newt Gingrich interviews Dr. David Sinclair and Dr. Nir Barzilai, who is the director of the Institute for Aging Research at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

9:40 - Sinclair is working on the best approach to reset age. Currently working on a molecule or drug that would reset the epigenome to a younger age rather than the approach recently used in Sinclair's lab, whereby they reset the epigenome using Yamanaka genes in an empty virus shell. A drug would be more universal, affecting every cell in the body and would obviously be far easier to administer.

Thank you, Jocko. I listened to this today commuting to work and on the way home. I thought Dr. Nir Barzilai finally had his funding for the TAME-trial to study metformin against age-related diseases ("aging"). I read that a private donation provided many millions of dollars needed. But it didn´t sound like he had all the funding yet.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Drdavid wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:11 am We can hope that the public is ready to accept this new science. I think we will see many of the skin care companies adopt many of these molecules into their lines. This will probably be the initial step into the market because it provides easy access and it has already been penetrated. Costs would be low and advertising easy. It should be an exciting new year.
Very true. In fact, a study out of Japan recently showed that apocynin stimulates production of collagen 17, a specific type of collagen protein that is critical for rooting the stem cell to the basement membrane. This is a first and it's claimed that restoration of collagen 17, the deepest and most fundamental layer of collagen will reverse skin age by 20 years. There is already a skin care company that includes apocynin in their skin care cream but I buy apocynin powder on eBay and mix it per their instructions with distilled water and a little DMSO to help penetrate the skin. I will post links below but apocynin is a tremendous anti-aging supplement and I also add some to my coffee every morning.

Read more about the Japanese study on effects of apocynin on skin:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... reatments/

99.5% pure apocynin on eBay. Excellent notes in description by seller on benefits and how to use:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/APOCYNIN-99-5- ... 3084678686

Skin Actives skin care cream with apocynin:
https://skinactives.com/vitamin-a-cream ... -apocynin/
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Fred wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Thank you, Jocko. I listened to this today commuting to work and on the way home. I thought Dr. Nir Barzilai finally had his funding for the TAME-trial to study metformin against age-related diseases ("aging"). I read that a private donation provided many millions of dollars needed. But it didn´t sound like he had all the funding yet.
Fred, according to this article from Sept, 2019 they have full finding and are due to start the trial.

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/201 ... this-year/
Fred

Post by Fred »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:50 pm
Fred wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Fred, according to this article from Sept, 2019 they have full finding and are due to start the trial.

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/201 ... this-year/
But on this pod broadcast January the 5th he says they have some way to go until fullt funded. Perhaps they decided to expand the trial?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Interesting. I suppose that's possible.
Pigeon

Post by Pigeon »

Interesting link re apocynin Jocko. I just wish the seller you pinned would ship to Australia as this would be a product I believe I could get my wife excited about! If anyone knows of a reliable supplier down under please post details.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Pigeon wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:32 am Interesting link re apocynin Jocko. I just wish the seller you pinned would ship to Australia as this would be a product I believe I could get my wife excited about! If anyone knows of a reliable supplier down under please post details.
Pigeon, I would not be surprised if apocynin is available in Australia pretty soon, in powder or facial cream. Most people would love to have skin that looks 20 years younger. I've only been on it for a couple weeks but will report back if I notice any changes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic