Healthy Aging News and ResearchWhen to Start Taking NAD+ Boosters to Improve Exercise

jocko6889

When to Start Taking NAD+ Boosters to Improve Exercise

Post by jocko6889 »

In a new study, it has been shown that supplementing with NR enhances exercise performance and reduces oxidative stress in older men. The findings included:
  • 500 mg of NR supplementation for ten days reduces oxidative stress and increases exercise performance in old but not young men.
  • Reduced oxidative stress and enhanced physical performance in older men may be due to increased NADH and NADPH.
Oxidative stress increases as we age because of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and the steady decline of antioxidant defenses. Older men have been found to have higher oxidative stress levels and lower antioxidant levels than younger men.The study tested physical performance based on strength and endurance and found that NR increased strength and endurance of older, but not younger men. The study states that the age to start taking NAD+ boosters is around 40, since that is when sarcopenia (age-related muscle decline) begins
 Read the full study here:https://www.nad.com/news/nad-performance-exercise

Boxcost

Re: When to Start Taking NAD+ Boosters to Improve Exercise

Post by Boxcost »

I believe this suggests young "healthy individuals" should not bother with NAD+ boosters, I would tend to agree.

I would though argue though that there are exceptions to that rule for the young and "healthy":
  1. Sick, immune system under attack or compromised
  2. Party a bit too hard last night / lack of sleep
  3. Change timezone
  4. ?

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I need to send this article to my nephew as he is still in his twenties. Not to mention but he was buying NMN from Amazon. I explained years ago that he was too young to start taking this molecule as his body didn't need it yet. I agree with Boxcast, young healthy people do not need any NAD boosters. 
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

So I started just over 45 which really isn't bad at all. I do notice the benefits of the various NAD+ boosters. The most obvious is recovery time after a large physical effort.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic