Healthy Aging News and ResearchAnyone is taking rapamycin or metformin?

Vandevalk1

Re: Anyone is taking rapamycin or metformin?

Post by Vandevalk1 »

glo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 am I bought heaps of metformin from Uk online. Read it blocked angiogenesis.
I was on seratide aka prednisone puffer for allergic asthma for 12 years, WRONG finally got duckduckgo and now prescribed Intal with zero side effects, means the drug ate prefrontal cortex, muscle, endothelium which means small capillaries which means eaten arm muscles.
So I want the NMN angiogenesis and great endothelial recovery. Thats an important rat enjoyed consequence of NMN. More capillaries in brain and muscle.
So not taking it.
I'd like to understand this but I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're talking about here. Can you please try to re-write this?

thanks

EdS

Post by EdS »

I asked my DR and he gave it to me. I was stunned!
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

EdS wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 pm I asked my DR and he gave it to me. I was stunned!
How much are you taking? Any side effects?
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:57 pm
EdS wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 pm I asked my DR and he gave it to me. I was stunned!
How much are you taking? Any side effects?
Actually, both of my parents are taking metformin (for anti-aging, not diabetes). 750-1500 mg per day, serve with dinner. The major side-effect they reported to me is decreased food appetite and occasional diarrhea, but not a big deal. Just FYI, David Sinclair is also taking metformin, he took 1000mg per day.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought he was talking about his doctor prescribing rapamycin. Was curious if anyone is taking it, how much, and if any side effects? I've heard it only takes as little as 6mg/week to get anti-aging benefits but that it can be dangerous. Apparently there are places you can buy it overseas but purity is unknown or unreliable.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

glo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 am I bought heaps of metformin from Uk online. Read it blocked angiogenesis.
I was on seratide aka prednisone puffer for allergic asthma for 12 years, WRONG finally got duckduckgo and now prescribed Intal with zero side effects, means the drug ate prefrontal cortex, muscle, endothelium which means small capillaries which means eaten arm muscles.
So I want the NMN angiogenesis and great endothelial recovery. Thats an important rat enjoyed consequence of NMN. More capillaries in brain and muscle.
So not taking it.
so which caused the brain damage.. the metformin or the seratide?
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Besides loose stool, does anyone els have any other adverse side effect from metformin?
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:19 pm Besides loose stool, does anyone els have any other adverse side effect from metformin?
I can't get my hands on Metformin, so can't speak from experience, but I found this page that discusses dosages and side effects:

https://www.rxlist.com/consumer_metform ... dition.htm
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

OzSport wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:09 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:19 pm Besides loose stool, does anyone els have any other adverse side effect from metformin?
I can't get my hands on Metformin, so can't speak from experience, but I found this page that discusses dosages and side effects:

https://www.rxlist.com/consumer_metform ... dition.htm
thanks! this was a good read!
SeanYates

Post by SeanYates »

yes i have been taking for a while

No Diabetes but am after it for the possible benefits health and longevity.

From what i can see there doesn't seem to be too many bad side effects.
but the studies seem to focus on the older and diabetic population.

"Safety. Metformin has been used with an excellent safety record for over 60 years. Side effects are monitored closely within clinical trials, and the safety of metformin use in DPP/DPPOS was reported on in 2012, when over 18,000 patients-years of follow-up had accrued, and by which time ∼20% of the cohort was age 70 or older (mean age ∼64). There were no cases of lactic acidosis or significant hypoglycemia (Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group, 2012). Mild anemia occurred in ∼12% of metformin-treated participants versus ∼8% in the placebo group (p = 0.04). Vitamin B12 deficiency occurred in ∼7% of metformin group versus 5% in placebo group after 13 years; risk of B12 deficiency increases with duration of use but was not greater in older compared with younger subjects in DPPOS (Lalau et al., 1990). Further, the risk of lactic acidosis appears to be related to renal function, not age per se, and is currently considered to be very low (Aroda et al., 2016)."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic