NMNeye care products

Newage

Re: eye care products

Post by Newage »

How much in total in Aussie Dollars including Postage or delivery costs..Boxcost and what is the estimated delivery time to Australia?
I think I might follow suit...😎

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Newage wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:10 pm How much in total in Aussie Dollars including Postage or delivery costs..Boxcost and what is the estimated delivery time to Australia?
I think I might follow suit...😎

Total cost was $127.44 interestingly the address for the vendor was :Address111 Remembrance Driveway, Tahmoor NSW 2573, AustraliaPhone number(02) 4683 1249
They may either have a local delivery hub (would be positive) or just may be the payment system they use (stripe).

I assume UK based so they are waking up now, have not provided an ETA yet, will let you know.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I never ended up buying yet but I will probably do so this weekend. Such an easy therapy to do for your eyes every morning while you are drinking your coffee. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:01 pm I never ended up buying yet but I will probably do so this weekend. Such an easy therapy to do for your eyes every morning while you are drinking your coffee. 

Get on board mate..
I’m going to order a pair and take the chance on their effectiveness. 😎

Newage

Post by Newage »

Hey Boxcost. Did you end up with any more information about dispatch or delivery dates for you eye-power red glasses.
The fellow that answered that phone number in Tahmoor said he knew nothing about the product. He apparently is a local optometrist in Tahmoor....called Eyepower Optometrists??
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Newage wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:42 pm Hey Boxcost. Did you end up with any more information about dispatch or delivery dates for you eye-power red glasses.
The fellow that answered that phone number in Tahmoor said he knew nothing about the product. He apparently is a local optometrist in Tahmoor....called Eyepower Optometrists??

Interesting, the transaction on my banking portal has changed back to "EYE POWER CHEPSTOW GBR FRGN AMT: 90.00 U. S. DOLLAR".  Thanks looks like bad data or a "stripe" thing. No delivery update yet, just an email confirmation on the order at this stage.

The web site advises 2-3 week backlog but should be clearing by August, no update since.  I will follow them up via email to get an update, will let you know how that goes. If I don't get a respectable response might cancel this one and get a refund.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:13 am
Newage wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:42 pm Hey Boxcost. Did you end up with any more information about dispatch or delivery dates for you eye-power red glasses.

Interesting, the transaction on my banking portal has changed back to "EYE POWER CHEPSTOW GBR FRGN AMT: 90.00 U. S. DOLLAR".  Thanks looks like bad data or a "stripe" thing. No delivery update yet, just an email confirmation on the order at this stage.

The web site advises 2-3 week backlog but should be clearing by August, no update since.  I will follow them up via email to get an update, will let you know how that goes. If I don't get a respectable response might cancel this one and get a refund.

Yes, I’m always a bit skeptical about some of these online ordering portals hence my phone call.
I’m sure everything is above board with this product and their ordering system but in the world that we live in today you can’t be too careful..
Let’s keep each other in the loop Boxcost and therefore the rest of the forum..👍
Newage

Post by Newage »

Hi Boxcost.
Any news as yet on the arrival of your new glasses?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes let us know..... 8-)

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

OK, so I ordered on the 12th of August. I chased them up on the 20th of August and received a "standard reply", I will subject you all to all of the diatribe, but the first half is telling. :o

"Thank you for contacting eyepower.

DELIVERY

If your enquiry concerns the delivery of your order then please may I ask that you kindly bear with us.
We have a very large volume of pre-orders orders and new orders that we are producing and shipping as quickly as possible from our Chepstow facility.

Another 250 orders will shipped out this coming week 4 July 2022 which will almost complete all orders placed up to the 14 June.

If your order date was after that then please allow us a little more time to make you order and ship it to you.  We are sending out new batches of orders every few days."

We are hoping to have all orders up to the 30th June completed and shipped within the next 2 to 3 weeks."

As you can tell this reply has alarm bells all over it, so I reply simply with:
"This email appears to be over 1 month out of date.   Please provide a valid update or I will request a refund"

2 Days later on the 22nd of August I receive an email from Stephen himself:
Thanks for your email and I'm sorry for the lack of recent updates.We have been focusssing on getting all the back log of orders produced and shipped.You placed your order on the 12th of August and if you check the order page on our website it does say that there is a 3 week lead time from placement of order to shipping.However, I am pleased to say that we have progressed well with orders and your order will be sent out this early this coming week.If you have any further queries please drop me a mail.
Kind regards

Stephen"

Nothing more to add, I sent them a short email asking for an update on Monday, no response so far.

I have 14 days left to flag with with my bank before it becomes more painful to get my money back that way. I will be asking for a refund in 10 days if it has not shipped.

Still though right now.... worst case a scam, best case a start up just got smashed by demand and/or are just terrible at business operations vs R&D and product development.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic