NMNAny mood changes while taking NMN?

Longevityrules

Any mood changes while taking NMN?

Post by Longevityrules »

Curious if anyone has experienced mood changes, depressive and/or anxiety like symptoms in particular. I’ve come down with some mild depressive symptoms in the past few months, which correlates with starting my daily NMN dosing with ABN’s sublingual tablets, 1g/day. I’m not convinced by any means that my mood changes are solely or contributed by NMN (there’s plenty of other things that can explain it I’m sure), but just wondering if anyone else may have experienced this.

CeeJayBee

Re: Any mood changes while taking NMN?

Post by CeeJayBee »

I don't take NMN in the evening or before bed, as it can give you weird dreams (several members have attested to this). But i find a marked improvement in my daily mood, possibly because i know i am doing something good for my body and longevity, but i do feel better.

I also experience less pain and my back (which would get sore and weak at least every 6 weeks) has been strong and symptom free for the entire time i have been taking NMN.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Since becoming drug free in 1982, (at 42) and boosting my emotional stability with St. Johns Wort for the past 30 years, I have not had any mood swings or depressive issues as experienced in my earlier drugged life style. My home burned down, Katrina later flooded the next, and my family
disappeared. That's enough to have Big mood swings. But this issue has more to due with duration and recovery , not just experience. Its human to
have blind sided feelings. They're real; it's how you respond to them.. in an appropriate manner.
NMN seems to have contributed to my emotional stability and a shorter cycle of mood swing by stabilizing my physiological nature first, and NAD+ has
contributed to my mental alertness and choice of appropriate behavior. These two enzymes have restored my natural cellular levels to allow a higher
functional and appreciated life style, capable of managing my affairs in a much more enjoyable way. On my way to a 100.
Ben , 78, 250 mg NMN/NAD+ each, 1200 resveratrol / day.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Pickleball101 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:44 pm Since becoming drug free in 1982, (at 42) and boosting my emotional stability with St. Johns Wort for the past 30 years, I have not had any mood swings or depressive issues as experienced in my earlier drugged life style. My home burned down, Katrina later flooded the next, and my family
disappeared. That's enough to have Big mood swings. But this issue has more to due with duration and recovery , not just experience. Its human to
have blind sided feelings. They're real; it's how you respond to them.. in an appropriate manner.
NMN seems to have contributed to my emotional stability and a shorter cycle of mood swing by stabilizing my physiological nature first, and NAD+ has
contributed to my mental alertness and choice of appropriate behavior. These two enzymes have restored my natural cellular levels to allow a higher
functional and appreciated life style, capable of managing my affairs in a much more enjoyable way. On my way to a 100.
Ben , 78, 250 mg NMN/NAD+ each, 1200 resveratrol / day.
What a great story! I agree that both NAD and NMN has definitive ability to alter mood. The only problem that I have is that I am not exactly sure how it does it. I am thankful that I am an clinician and not a researcher. However, here is a study that shows NADH could be a potential for treatment for depression.
Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004 Feb;77(2):303-7.
Antidepressant-like effect of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide in the forced swim test in rats.
Rex A1, Schickert R, Fink H.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14751458
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

I would almost say the opposite in that I think NMN has helped alleviate anxiety for me.

Granted I didn't start dosing straight on 1g+. But it has had a positive effect on mood overall
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

Longevityrules wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:28 pm Curious if anyone has experienced mood changes, depressive and/or anxiety like symptoms in particular. I’ve come down with some mild depressive symptoms in the past few months, which correlates with starting my daily NMN dosing with ABN’s sublingual tablets, 1g/day. I’m not convinced by any means that my mood changes are solely or contributed by NMN (there’s plenty of other things that can explain it I’m sure), but just wondering if anyone else may have experienced this.
I personally have found that more then 375 Mg a day causes a caffeine effect on my 160 lb body. Sometimes I felt overly active and sometimes I felt really tired after dosing. When I took resveratrol with my supplements I became quite edgey and had to change to pterostilbene. These are just my own personal experiences. Hope it helps.
Rob1

Post by Rob1 »

I take NMN once in the morning and twice in the afternoon. I never take NMN after 6pm. I have not noticed any mood changed other than a clearer perspective with more energy. Its not so much a mood change for me it is more of an overall energy spike. I feel better when I have more energy so i'm sure this affects my mood in a positive way. More energy for me equals more confidence in my ability to complete tasks and get after it.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Ive been on NMN now for 8 mos and my staff and I both noticed that I'm in a better mood with more energy to do everything that's needed day in day out. Taking 1g daily since Oct 1st. :D
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Longevityrules wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:28 pm Curious if anyone has experienced mood changes, depressive and/or anxiety like symptoms in particular. I’ve come down with some mild depressive symptoms in the past few months, which correlates with starting my daily NMN dosing with ABN’s sublingual tablets, 1g/day. I’m not convinced by any means that my mood changes are solely or contributed by NMN (there’s plenty of other things that can explain it I’m sure), but just wondering if anyone else may have experienced this.
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some mild depressive symptoms. NMN has been noted as something that tends to help anxiety although it has not been called an anxiolytic yet. NMN typically improves moods and focus.
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Drdavid wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 am NMN typically improves moods and focus.
Curious if you recommend it to patients who have mild anxiety?
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic