NMNNMN and reversing hearing loss

JanCOhio

NMN and reversing hearing loss

Post by JanCOhio »

I was pleasantly surprised that a friend of mine actually uses NMN from AliveByScience. She is mid seventies and had started using a hearing aid roughly 5 years ago. 

That is how I came to discover she uses NMN. I asked her if she was using a tiny hearing aid or a less visible brand as I noticed i couldn't see any hearing aid.

She told me that after about 8 months of using NMN regularly, she noticed she didn't need the TV on as loud, and could follow conversartions, and eventually realized she didn't need it at all for TV, then not at all for conversations!

So she described it this way: She went from needing a hearing aid with the TV on loud, to NOT needing a hearing aid with the volume at 75%.

That is pretty amazing. has anyone else been made aware of this?

I don't know what "kind" of hearing loss she had, but I assume it was partly due to her age.

Newage

Re: NMN and reversing hearing loss

Post by Newage »

It seems like your friend may have conductive hearing loss that happens when the 3 small conductive bones in the ear are no longer doing their job.
Taking NMN may somehow have freed up the bones and improved her hearing. If her hearing loss was related to nerve damage in the ear then personally I believe it would be much harder to rectify, if at all.
rhett

Post by rhett »

I know there is research showing NMN can protect against hearing loss, but this is interesting to think that it may be able to improve existing hearing loss.
alececco

Post by alececco »

I don't know about hearing loss but... I can tell you that to me NAD+ reversed my tinnitus. Mind you it was livable, not too harsh but present. Now it's gone! so much so I realized it a few months ago... I was like what... something is not here... 😂
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Actually, I can also report that my mother, who is 85 now, no longer uses her hearing aid for TV or any other purpose.

No question, her hearing has improved. She has been taking NMN in one form or another for about 1 year
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

My mom is 86, been taking NMN since February.  Her hearing has improved too.  Slowly over time.  I don't have to repeat myself as much.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

seems to me there are enough anecdotal reports to merit a study on the matter.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

At 89, my mother's age related dementia was completely reversed.  Much of these results can be attributed to NMN's ability to stimulate growth of fine capillaries, called angiogenesis, to various tissues throughout the body.  Tissues can regain much of their useful function with proper delivery of oxygen and nutrients.
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Wow.  I am so happy for you.  I am watching the same thing for me and my mom.  I try not to be too positive and take it slowly.  But I can see it happening for the better.  There is something special going on.  Hopeful and optimistic.  

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:48 am At 89, my mother's age related dementia was completely reversed.  Much of these results can be attributed to NMN's ability to stimulate growth of fine capillaries, called angiogenesis, to various tissues throughout the body.  Tissues can regain much of their useful function with proper delivery of oxygen and nutrients.

Wow, Thats amazing Jocko and I love hearing this.....Im working on my elderly Mother as well, the problem Im running into with her is she thinks she is taking so many pills throughout the day. The good thing these pills are mostly vitamins. I think I will get her some of the Lipo NMN that way she can take them all at once.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic