NMNNMN Homeostasis

CeeJayBee

Re: NMN Homeostasis

Post by CeeJayBee »

Yes I think whenever you even skip one day you reset the clock on Homeostasis.

I generally skip just one day a week.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

I've been testing NAD+ levels in my blood for several months now and it doesn't look like homeostasis affects NAD+ levels.  After 3 weeks of taking 2 LIPO NAD+ Complete capsules each morning, my NAD+ levels were still at a good level.  So in my opinion, skipping days to avoid homeostasis isn't necessary.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:17 pm I've been testing NAD+ levels in my blood for several months now and it doesn't look like homeostasis affects NAD+ levels.  After 3 weeks of taking 2 LIPO NAD+ Complete capsules each morning, my NAD+ levels were still at a good level.  So in my opinion, skipping days to avoid homeostasis isn't necessary.

Hi Jocko, if you don't mind a couple of questions...

1. Have you tested your NAD+ levels after taking a day or 2 off?

2. Are you taking anything that helps defend NAD+ i.e Apigenin? etc,

thanks

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Boxcost wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:12 pm
jocko6889 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:17 pm I've been testing NAD+ levels in my blood for several months now and it doesn't look like homeostasis affects NAD+ levels.  After 3 weeks of taking 2 LIPO NAD+ Complete capsules each morning, my NAD+ levels were still at a good level.  So in my opinion, skipping days to avoid homeostasis isn't necessary.

thanks

I haven't tested NAD levels after a day or two off of NAD, but we do a washout period where no NAD is taken for a week or two in order to establish a baseline level.  My baseline is below optimum but not critically low.  The test over a few weeks on NAD boosters is does the body have a governor to regulate levels of NAD such as homeostasis?

Yes I do take apigenin and do the Mayo fisetin protocol annually.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Okay thats good to know, just keep that NAD train going........ thanks Jocko.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

jocko6889 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:45 am
Boxcost wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:12 pm

thanks

I haven't tested NAD levels after a day or two off of NAD, but we do a washout period where no NAD is taken for a week or two in order to establish a baseline level.  My baseline is below optimum but not critically low.  The test over a few weeks on NAD boosters is does the body have a governor to regulate levels of NAD such as homeostasis?

Yes I do take apigenin and do the Mayo fisetin protocol annually.

Thanks Jocko, Modern Healthspan  also showed a good increase in NAD+ levels after they switched to Liposomal NMN AND apigenin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcFhJHHGGEI

I am not currently supplementing with apigenin but have been thinking recently, after noting positive results and reading more science to add it to my stack.
ellen3539

Post by ellen3539 »

ChrisBON wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:46 am Hi folks.
I have been taking NMN and RSV everyday for about a month. If i didn't know any better, I think I may have done myself a disservice by not skipping a day. It could be psychological...I also want to consider a behavioural therapist from this link click here.

Anyway i am 49, and I am wondering if homeostasis is a real possibility and if so, how easy it is to 'reset'.

Any input would be appreciated.

It's great that you're exploring NMN and RSV supplementation for your health. It's not uncommon to have questions and concerns when trying new supplements. Don't worry; you're not alone in wondering about the optimal routine.

Homeostasis is indeed an intriguing concept, and while I'm not a medical professional, I can offer some general insights. The human body has an incredible ability to adapt and find balance, so it's possible that your system is adjusting to the supplements. However, individual responses can vary.

If you're concerned about potential imbalances, it might be a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider who can give you personalized advice. They can assess your specific situation and guide you on whether any adjustments are needed.

Remember that age and individual factors can play a significant role in how our bodies respond to supplements, so what works for one person may not work the same way for another. Keep monitoring your health and well-being, and don't hesitate to seek professional advice if you have any doubts.

In the meantime, stay positive and keep taking good care of yourself! Your curiosity about your health is a positive step towards overall well-being. 😊

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic