NMNNMN Homeostasis

ChrisBON

NMN Homeostasis

Post by ChrisBON »

Hi folks.
I have been taking NMN and RSV everyday for about a month. If i didn't know any better, I think I may have done myself a disservice by not skipping a day. It could be psychological...

Anyway i am 49, and I am wondering if homeostasis is a real possibility and if so, how easy it is to 'reset'.

Any input would be appreciated.

michaeljkelly

Re: NMN Homeostasis

Post by michaeljkelly »

That is interesting. I think just taking 2 days off will get you back on track. I have been taking my NMN 3 days on, one day off since I started and I have been feeling nothing but good stuff.

Plus you get another week out of your supply!

MIke
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Lots of good reasons to take breaks from all supplements. I have been taking NMN for 2 and 1/2 years now, the last 12 months or so I dropped NMN and all other supplements on one day (Saturday in my case). No impact noted and still feel good. I dropped Resveratrol for 2 days a week  to give my gut bacteria a break as Resveratrol is also a powerful anti-microbial.

So bottom line, seems to be helpful and does not seem to impact the good your getting plus as a bonus save money Image

We have discussed it here before:
viewtopic.php?t=2242

Again as a general principle, taking 1-2 days off a week from ALL supplements is the approach I am taking at 54. When I get to 70+ YO I will re-evaluate this and of course keep an eye out for any science that provides more knowledge in this area.

Last edited by Boxcost on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Yes if I have been taking things every day for a while, I just take a 2 day break and reset everything.

I used to diet by having virtually no carbohydrates or sweets 6 days a week and on the 7th day - i could eat as much junk food as i liked.

But now i know that even every 7 days is too often for garbage food.

Newage

Post by Newage »

I take 2 days a week (weekends) off all supplements and let the body reset.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yep me too Mate and that protocol seems to work best for me as well taking two days off from all sups.
TedB

Post by TedB »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 pm Yes if I have been taking things every day for a while, I just take a 2 day break and reset everything.

I used to diet by having virtually no carbohydrates or sweets 6 days a week and on the 7th day - i could eat as much junk food as i liked.

But now i know that even every 7 days is too often for garbage food.

I agree that may be too much junk food... but did you lose any weight?
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I never before have stopped taking the NMN or other supplements.  After reading this forum topic, I will try a two day skip too.  Sleep seemed to be much better after the first day off it.  
TedB

Post by TedB »

Yes I take 2 days off each week. It isn't the same days... just whenever I feel i have gone 5 days.. i skip two days. 

Taking the 500mg of LSG NMN - i really feel it. I like the feeling.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am I never before have stopped taking the NMN or other supplements.  After reading this forum topic, I will try a two day skip too.  Sleep seemed to be much better after the first day off it.  

Two days off per week is a good move, especially if you are a light sleeper. It gives you a chance to play catch-up with “super important” sleep..All the supplements in the world do not take the place of good quality sleep 💤 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic