NMNNMN Homeostasis

MJClark

Re: NMN Homeostasis

Post by MJClark »

Newage wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:37 pm
OMillsPA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am I never before have stopped taking the NMN or other supplements.  After reading this forum topic, I will try a two day skip too.  Sleep seemed to be much better after the first day off it.  

Two days off per week is a good move, especially if you are a light sleeper. It gives you a chance to play catch-up with “super important” sleep..All the supplements in the world do not take the place of good quality sleep 💤 

I agree with you in the context of sleep. The related question that I have is do you think it makes a difference for someone who just started with RSV and NMN to start the 2 days off or wait a while for my system to start acclimating?

As it is, I listened to the Longevity by Design podcast from this week with Dr. Hubberman who said that if you do intermittent fasting, it is better to have your eating window earlier in the day than later in the day. For me, this is going to cause issues being that there are 4 days a week that the family can't have dinner until after 7PM. 

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

MJClark wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:39 am
Newage wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:37 pm
OMillsPA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am I never before have stopped taking the NMN or other supplements.  After reading this forum topic, I will try a two day skip too.  Sleep seemed to be much better after the first day off it.  

Two days off per week is a good move, especially if you are a light sleeper. It gives you a chance to play catch-up with “super important” sleep..All the supplements in the world do not take the place of good quality sleep 💤 

I agree with you in the context of sleep. The related question that I have is do you think it makes a difference for someone who just started with RSV and NMN to start the 2 days off or wait a while for my system to start acclimating?

As it is, I listened to the Longevity by Design podcast from this week with Dr. Hubberman who said that if you do intermittent fasting, it is better to have your eating window earlier in the day than later in the day. For me, this is going to cause issues being that there are 4 days a week that the family can't have dinner until after 7PM. 

I personally don't focus on the minutia with fasting. If you skip a meal, you are telling your body that there is some adversity to deal with, and I don't think it matters much which ones. Now, if he has a study to point to, maybe an evening fast  is slightly better. I would have to see the study.

But i agree skipping food at or after supper until the next morning, or even until lunch makes for a very large fast, because you add in the hours you were sleep-fasting. Maybe you could do an evening fast once a week.

Myself i am always rotating the meals.

RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

I wouldn't worry about eating at 7pm as long as you have a good 3-4 hours to digest it all before going to sleep. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

RobSmith wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:18 am I wouldn't worry about eating at 7pm as long as you have a good 3-4 hours to digest it all before going to sleep. 

I try and finish my last daily food intake by 5pm at the end of my 4 to 6 hour eating window but everyone’s circumstances are different.
Three to Four hours digestion time (snack free) after you finish your last meal is a good guide before you put your head down for the night.

Newage

Post by Newage »

When starting out on ABS NMN I personally believe it is a good idea to take it everyday for the first month to get it into the system then drop back to 5 days per week (2 days off) from then.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Good advise Mate! Boy I remember my first month taking NMN. It was incredible and I felt even more alive and full of energy!
MJClark

Post by MJClark »

RobSmith wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:18 am I wouldn't worry about eating at 7pm as long as you have a good 3-4 hours to digest it all before going to sleep. 

I don't. Since I get up at 5 AM, I am often in bed between 9:00 and 9:30. 
Newage wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:58 pm
I think that I am going to go this route. I appreciate the suggestion. 
If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
BiyyaOromoo

NMN Homeostasis

Post by BiyyaOromoo »

Greetings,
I heard NMN, NAD and others.  How do I know which one to start therapy?  Any protocol as which one should be taken first, second and so forth? I am 58 years old Kenyan man. Thanks, Biyya.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

BiyyaOromoo wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:57 am Greetings,
I heard NMN, NAD and others.  How do I know which one to start therapy?  Any protocol as which one should be taken first, second and so forth? I am 58 years old Kenyan man. Thanks, Biyya.

Most people start out with the NMN powder.  It's a good all-around NAD+ booster.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

TedB wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 pm Yes if I have been taking things every day for a while, I just take a 2 day break and reset everything.

I used to diet by having virtually no carbohydrates or sweets 6 days a week and on the 7th day - i could eat as much junk food as i liked.

But now i know that even every 7 days is too often for garbage food.

I agree that may be too much junk food... but did you lose any weight?

Oh I lost the weight quite efficiently. But now I practice fasting and eat well. I don't like junk food anymore. It think our bodies begin to respond to good treatment and we lose some of these cravings with healthier behaviour. I do not want to reward fasting or low carb eating with unhealthy food.

But at the time, by strategy worked to lose the weight. I just find my current one far better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic